1. This forum is in read-only mode.

creationist vs evolutionists debate, the big one.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by ultra, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Given that you have really horrible grammar (I'm getting sick of people thinking they can get away with miscommunicating their points and ideas across as a way to show they are somehow right), you should really just leave this topic until you polish your grammar skills. Nowhere in your post did you say your example was an "example you believe." You stated your theory and an example to go along with it.

2. getbuck21

getbuck21 Well-Known Member

Not true, hell is what we call it, but in the bible it says the lake of fire. Same thing, just different names. People got the idea of "hell" from Dante's Inferno.

And anonthegreat, its people like you who make creationists look like idiots. Though i do know some pretty stupid evolutionists too :p

http://www.remnantofgod.org/creation.htm#series

heres some facts about evolution that don't line up with some of the things scientists have found :)

3. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

the original text does not mention hell what so ever and is a bad translation showing the theology of the translator not that of the actual text as there are four different words that don't mean hell that is translated as hell.

also i got half way through that link and could tell it was bullshit or picks up on argumentative points that go against all other evidence. i also ask you to stop trying to disprove evolution as there is too much that supports it and instead argue your point by supporting creation not attacking evolution.

if we want to play that game it takes two seconds to completely rip apart the creation story but i am not doing that and i ask you to support what you believe and not attack what you don't.

4. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

It is utterly bizarre that you would choose to submit an article which begins with an attempt to suggest T-Rex was a vegetarian. Ever heard of a guy called Carl Baugh? Well he is the guy who came up with the T-Rex idea and he is also cited as a source for that article. I suggest you Google his name.

5. marcy

marcy Guest

My "I actually don't care, since this is not my native language" was not meant to say "I don't care, so I'm true", but "Sometimes I use the wrong words, so I often don't know if I really say the things I wanted to say, but I don't care if I do, because it would need way too long to invsetigate every word I'm posting, so please don't kill if I make little mistakes".

I have to disagree in this point. If a 'god' created us just in the way we are now, then there is absolutely no way that we could have evolved into our current state.
    And a 'god' won't suddendly appear from nowhere even if we would expect evolution to be false.

I also disagree in excluding people from debates, only because of bad grammar. He doesn't have bad grammar on purpose.
    This is a public forum. You'll often see people without the perfect grammar.
    [rhetoric] I'd like to know how familiar you are with danish grammar, for example. [/rhetoric]

A nice collection of nonsense you have there. These people jump from conclusion to conclusion without thinking about it just for a little moment.
    Your facts are nothing more than propaganda to me.

6. getbuck21

getbuck21 Well-Known Member

Yes I know the first 2ish "facts" are totally stupid.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they're all totally stupid, I can refute about half of them from my own experience or basic physics.

8. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

You need to elaborate on this. Explain WHY. Don't just throw a claim without backing it up with reason.

9. Girogex

Girogex Guest

I think you need a kick in ass, lad. Also I find it very disrespectful.

Okay, after telling Hypr off because of his gayish out bursts lets get back to business and try not to fail miserably this time.

10. equitypetey

what are you on about he's completely right

people should be backing up what they say especially when arguing against something that has so much evidence you can't argue against it unless you turn away and don't look at the evidence because you believe in an imaginary story.

even if god is real and made the universe (if this god is real its not the one in any scriptures) he did not wiggle his nose and poof there we are in our current state which is not what happened because even if you take the fossil record out of the picture genetics shows that we were all black and came from Africa thousands of years before the universe was created as creationists describe so we know that we have changed even as modern humans.

the only disrespectful thing is to be stupid and not look at truthful evidence. this is a debate and there is no place for opinions without elaborating on opinions that go against all reasonable knowledge.

11. Girogex

Girogex Guest

no I wasn't talking about that. Also supporting your claims is bullshit this is not a debate it's mearly just a name for a group of threads that are not debates but merely people having a go at each other. All debates come to a logical conclusion.

12. Loonylion

this is a debate.

13. equitypetey

it would be a debate but one side does not understand how debating works and also throws around misguided information and wild claims without backing up what they say so it ends up as everyone having a go at each other because its irritating when people don't open their eyes and those with their eyes shut get upset because the discussion goes against what they believe and think that everyone else should believe it or think that they demand respect because they believe in something.

i'm still waiting for someone to support their claims or even make a substantial argument for creation so we can start this debate.

14. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

But it is ok for you to use the word gayish offensively?

I spent a good 5 hours yesterday in an attempt to find some real solid evidence that supports creationism. I am not a creationist but I thought it might have been stimulating to debate over a point of substance. Alas, I could find nothing posed by creationism that did not have solid rebuttals (backed by evidence) by evolutionists. So either my search skills have failed me or there is no evidence for creationism which has not been dismissed. I think if we where having this discussion 20 or 30 years ago I could have found some points to offer, but the understanding of evolution has advanced so much in such a short time.

15. Girogex

Girogex Guest

who said I was using it offensively

16. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

I did. Your comment relies on the assumption that being 'gayish' is both prone to outbursts and undesirable. You used the term to attack Hypr therefore you used it offensively.

I do agree with you when you said on your previous post that we need to get back on track with this debate. It is enevitable that some people will be offended due to the nature of the debate, I have probably added some fuel to this fire which has resulted in off topic comments. I do try to be careful not to go off topic in the debates section, and perhaps I should not respond to off topic comments by others.

/end off topic

17. Loonylion

Since creationists are evidently incapable of rational, scientific debate, I'm going to lock this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.