1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Costco?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mds64, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Sorry but could you read your post again?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

XD your right!

It's a spelling error I didn't recognise-it's nothing to worry about XD

(ok back on topic y'all)

3. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

yeah, thanks! thats what i get for having several lingos. hehehe

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just came back...

It had games-but not a big range-and prices were mixed-some great-some not so...

K-mart actually matches the game prices-though a ps3 game for $33 ain't bad...but it was gran turismo 5 prologue-and the range of prices was truly mixed shop around...

Sure an ipod classic (120GB) for $314 ain't bad-considering I paid $318 with a woolworths discount card.

Oh well-unless it expands it's range it's not for me-I'm an impulse shopper not a long term shopper.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Where I live we don't have Costco. The closet thing we have is a Sam's Club. Basically Wal-mart's warehouse bulk store. Similar to Costco, you need a membership to shop there, but you can bring a guest with you, and they can purchase stuff there as long as you are with them.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not sure about guests at makro, but you can have a second name on your card I believe,

7. damanali

Yes! i think they call it extensions? i'm not sure cause like i said, its expensive and you need to renew for like every year or 2, so i didnt start.

Also, i you want to be a member, i think you should have like a quota of amount to buy?
    Well not sure, but i heard its like that. ( in the case of Makro, it does, i think )

8. Loonylion

don't know, I'm not a member. My great aunt is, and I believe her sister (my gran) is her extension.

9. damanali

Yeah, its like something like that. I'll guess that your great aunt and her sister has a grocery or something or that they buy in bulk and sell them for retail?

I'm not sure if thats the case, but here, its like that for our small businesses. If you go to the philippines, you'll see a lot of mini-stores and grocery, and if you ask where they get their goods, probably they will say Makro. lol

10. Loonylion

not really, my aunt just can't resist bargains. Plus she cares for an elderly friend full time, including cooking for her.