1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Corrupted Files

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by graceong, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

then there is something wrong with your user account. Or you're being blocked by security software.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

maybe the Firewall is messing with the download..

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...even though it's less secure...try this...

Disable almost all your router's security (no hackers around where I live...too many bogan's...if you know what they are XD)

If that fales connect your net straight into your computer somehow-or use an alternitive net sorce ie cafe...

I'm running out of ideas...but my standard vista firewall never affected any of it (with internet as one of the exceptions) so prehaps it's the router's security...

But you mentioned that you and your bro share the same comp...prehaps it's one of 2 therory's...

1.Something is wrong with your account

2.If you have different profiles on your computer and your bro is admin while you are just a user, then THAT could help explain what is going on....

Other than the last one I can't help any further...sorry mate :(

4. graceong

graceong Guest

me and my bro account is admin
    I am not sure if there is a problem as a few months ago I was still able to download files but then all of a sudden the problem just arises

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If you still have this problem then try doing this:

Go to start > run > write in 'cmd'.
    In the new window that pops up write 'ping us2.romulation.net -n 50'.

Then wait for it to complete and post the lost packets and the min, max and average round trip time.

If there's a lot of lost packets then your internet connection is unstable, in which case it's most likely the wireless acting up, changing the channel it works on could help if there are a lot of wireless networks in your area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.