1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Copyright Laws affecting the downloads of some ROMs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by totallydood, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

yeah i'm with you too

2. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

well good job seph you got me outta words this time...-.-
    Well.... yes....
    download a full version and if you hate it don't buy the real deal. If you like it don't spend your money on it just yet.... Look online and wait for something better.... If you can find something better.

3. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

As long as you dont end up with "the silver bracelets on Seph".Ive spent £1000's on games for my son.I am in a position to buy what I like,but younger people are relying on their pocket money to get games.It is unfortunate if one of these people buy a game and its crap,but thanks to you,they can try it out and decide.
    Maybe I should pump some cash into this site.............

4. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

What would happen if every gaming developer/publisher asked Romulation not to host their DS games? Would Seph/Loonylion and team abide by their request? If so, other then other console ISOs/ROMs and the Romulation community, what could Romulation do to turn the loss of NDS games around?

There is no doubt the hosting of NDS games is the spearheard of Romulation's success. I'd just like to know if there was a Plan B in a situation like this.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Nothing we can do. It's not like there's some loophole making all this legal. I suppose we *could* use a host like rapidshare but that's far from optimal and still not legal on our end. If that happens then shit has truly hit the fan - so lets just hope it doesn't.

6. Shin The Archmage

Shin The Archmage Well-Known Member

Can't you guys upload it to another file host and spread the links on RomU? That wouldn't be against the laws because it's technically not uploaded to Romulation servers, right?

7. sexywogboy

hahahaha :D Thanks for answering.

It still is against the law...as Seph pointed out. Using sites like Megaupload/Rapidshare is an option, but that just makes a whole new problem in the fact someone is going to need to upload ALOT of data and files. Though it would save Seph a lot of money instead of paying so much on server costs.

8. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Are you not worried Seph.Theyve already collared them 2 guys from Piratebay.Honest,I cant get my head around why your sticking your neck out......

9. Shin The Archmage

Aye... and it since they keep in expiring normally you would need to keep uploading them all the time... I see.

10. sexywogboy

Yeah, it's much more of a pain in the ass uploading/downloading from Megaupload/Rapidshare. Trust me, I'm part of a Gamecube site that relies on this method, and even though it works...it only works due to a high number of people helping out.

Still, if you can afford what Romulation does, then that is the better option.

11. Shin The Archmage

There also isn't any resume support like Romulation is there? Megaupload has it until it expires.