1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Copying from 1 hard drive to another...

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by houstontx224, Jul 28, 2010.

1. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

My question is..I am trying to copy some d/l content for Fallout 3 from my nephews XBOX 360 hd to mine. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

HoustonTX224

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Did he download it from Xbox Live? If so, no, if you want to play it on the hard drive then he has to be signed into him. The way content works on Xbox Live is that whatever you download is tied to the Xbox Live account AND the Xbox 360 itself (NOT the hard drive), and this is for when you purchase it, not when you just redownload it.

I'm not familiar with how the content goes on the Xbox with the GotY edition, if there's Xbox Live involvement when copying the DLC, then no, if there's none, then maybe.

3. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

Thnkas Natewlie..Figured it might be worth a shot. I didn't even consdier the XBOX Live ID's and such. Thank you.

HoustonTX224

4. efrenm

efrenm Well-Known Member

xbox 360 hardrive transfer kit.

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

For god's sake, I've never seen a poster like you ever. Stop resurrecting topics with solutions before yours, and stop answering the questions to which you haven't even read the question or situation. You're one of the most useless posters ever, literally.

6. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

and you should look up about what you are talking about.

here is how dlc works. it dose not matter on what account was you to get it. depends on the 360. when dlc is gotten the xbox get a file to use in order to play it off line. now when you save it to a hdd or memory card and use it on another 360 it has to to be online.

it depends what 360 downloaded it first

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Half right, it is tied to both the online account you've download the stuff from and the Xbox itself. After that, you repeated exactly what I said, except the last part, to access the DLC on another Xbox (besides the one you initially download it on), you HAVE to use the online account you downloaded the stuff on.

It works like this, when you initially download the DLC from Xbox Live, you download the license directly to the Xbox, and it's tied to your account (so you can only access it on that account when signed in online). You're able to transfer licenses from Xbox to Xbox once every 6 months (I think), you have to go on xbox.com for this though.

Me and my husband share games on XBL, one of use download the game on our own account and on the other person's Xbox, so it's tied the Xbox and the person's account. I know this crap first hand.

8. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

hell i think this is the first thing that we talk about that we are not bashing at each other.