1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Copycats!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karthegrax, May 9, 2007.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not everyone has the resources to host a server themselves. I have my own webserver at my parents house, but their upstream is far too slow to run a server on.

2. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

I just got why you guys have to host the server your selfs instead of getting a domain with TB's of storage for $20 a month. It's because ROMS are usually thought of as illegal by hosters so you can't go with one. As for Karthegrax you should just get a free web host. I have a list of them in my bookmarks, just in case my current one decides to BS me.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Okay it seems you've been confused.

We don't host these ROMs ourself, they're hosted by a professional hosting company. And for the record, you don't get several terabytes of storage space for $20 a month.

At the moment we have 200 GB storage space and a shared 100mbit connection, we can push around 5 to 9 terabytes of data per month. Our connection is often doing more than 4MB per second.

4. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? I see. not

5. Seph

Um, yes seriously, we pay $199 per months for this. Feel free to find us a better offer if you can, I doubt it. :)

6. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

You need a minimum of 200Gigs cheaper than a buck a gig? Chickens play. Pauck, Paaauuck. ;)

7. Seph

The diskspace isn't what costs, it's the bandwidth, at the current rate we will be doing 5 TB of data this month. That's a whole lot of bandwidth, that's what costs, it's also what we need to upgrade when the monthly income allows it.

8. Karthegrax

Karthegrax Guest

I didn't say when i'd started did i. Technically the (hosting) course doesn't start till next semester. But that doesn't sound nearly as good. I've only sorta studied website design. I got no idea how 2 set it up. lol

9. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

Oh....5TB or more...now it's a task. :D