1. This forum is in read-only mode.

COPPA: Pile o' sh*t or darn good bill?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by treec_cynda, Dec 28, 2010.

1. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

[deleted by poster]

2. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

You know the education system as a whole is not the government's fault. While it is partially due to the budget cuts on education it is also greatly the students fault, as with each group of failed students that shows negatively on the school, and with more negative marks showing up each year the school has a hard time vying for more money for their school. Thus budgets fall through, and extra things like sports and after school stuff gets canceled. And while that seems so bad "OMFG no football or tennis this year!" think about it, If schools from the start dropped all the sports crap, and built up their education center and put a stronger focus on TEACHING. And less on bell curves, and ways to push students through regardless of them being as dumb as a brick, we might actually start seeing respect for the education system and more funding from the government for public schools. And once that starts happening BOOM you can have your sports and extra stuff back, because the school system is working again. Or, how about taking on the school model of another country, a drastic change yes, but face the facts, ours obviously isn't working. If it was, arguments/debates like this wouldn't pop up.

3. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

In the situation you describe, the students' may be responsible for perpetuating the cycle, but certainly not starting it. You also seem to think money is the magic wand that solves all problems.

Health and fitness education is just as important as maths or science. Moreso, for some.

You already have that, IIRC it's called No Child Left Behind. From what I hear, it doesn't work and only serves to drag down the smarter kids. Not that I'm saying the principle of it is wrong, though.

Hahaha so naive.

The root of the problem is society. Until that's fixed, no education system will be able to consistently reach its full potential.

4. luluxiu

luluxiu New Member

I remember a few years ago banned from the site, when I was 12 years old. I just casually mentioned my age, then I was banned the next day! I swear, that the bill, should take a look at "age discrimination" word in the dictionary....

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

another useless law for the internet...... do IT textbook still said the internet is free?

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You should also read our rules before you get banned here for breaking them. Also discrimination doesn't apply on the internet. The site owner has final word over who goes on their site.

7. hellothere231

hellothere231 Member

It sucks. I think it might actually make some children sad, that they won't be allowed to go on their favorite sites they made accounts with.

8. Alias1983

Alias1983 Well-Known Member

Honestly the internet as we know it should not be accessible to anyone under the age of 18.

And the majority of schools its the teachers fault for "noone gets left behind" if they were more worried about there students education and not there pay check then maybe our country would not be so retarded.

I was that kid that could of gave a hoot about school, I dropped out cause I wanted to party and I did, I partied for years. Now here I am 29 years old, finally getting my ged cause you cant get a job anywhere in this state without one.

And honestly some of the math that we are doing was not even a high school course when I was in school. algebra was a collage course same with geometry, and now we have signed numbers? WTF is that!

Now we hear that next year they are adding trig to the list of shit we have to do, and this is for a GED.
    If I have to do trig for a ged I am going to go back to the carnival which if you never worked for one you would want anything to never have to return to that.

I blame the teachers and the students for a failing education system, The teachers job is to teach and a students job is to learn. But its also the teachers job to make it interesting to want to learn. History class in my school was so boring I slept through it, for 2 years all I did in that class was sleep.

But yet our science class was a blast, the teacher was great, he was motivated to actually teach us something, Our shop teacher was a womanizer, you know its law that the teachers can not touch a student in any way shape or form? Yeah and this is also the same guy that molested a shopvac.

Hes also the HS wrestling coach.

My school was a joke and the students, well unless your rich, smart, or in sports the teacher is not going to help you for shit.