1. This forum is in read-only mode.

confused

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by thomascryer, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomascryer

thomascryer Well-Known Member

all done yesssssssssssssssssssss.my r4 card is coming in a couple days time is it straight forward to put the games on that and yes i am getting the memorycard and usb thingy ma jig
    Post Merge: [time]1259072418[/time]
    another question for ya how do i tidy up this winrar thing i just want games on it thats it but there is loads of stuff on it is there some sort of library that i can put the games in

2. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

first make a folder to save confusion called ds roms or ssomething when you have downloaded the game you will then have the winrar file in a folder ie ds roms or whatever you called it,you double left click the winrar file and it will open the file up it will have a few files in there look for the one called ndsfile then right click that one and go to (extract file to)then scroll down to removable disc f or g or h all depending what your card reader and micro sd is named as in your usb port then click OK at the bottom of the box and it will send it unzipped to your micro sd and will be ready to play obviously you will need the firmware on there thats suitable for the card to run the rom/s too.roms from here are best as other rom suppliers have multi rar files in them and links and lots of other rubbish.romulation is the dogs danglys i think.

3. thomascryer

thanks for that think i have it sorted.do i have to have one of these emulaters that i keep reading about and if so where do i get it from and should i have downloaded it already before i started downloading games.like i say still waiting for my r4 card only downloaded about 10 games onto the pc so far

4. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

No, an emulator is something for playing roms on your PC. But you will need firmware for your card. Firmware is the menu that displays on your DS when you load the R4. You use the firmware to select which rom you want to play. To get the firmware, go to www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds but you have to make sure you get the right one. To do that, look at the name on the box and find the one on that website with EXACTLY the same name. You simply download it and extract it with Winrar, like the roms. There should be a folder in it called English. Go into that and copy everything in it onto your microSD. That's your firmware sorted.

And iwantndsroms, ever heard of punctuation? ;D

5. thomascryer

ok thanks just gotta wait for it to come now

6. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

7. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

And mess up quoting as well? Smooth...
    And the reason I'm saying this is because it's really hard to read when you do a sentence the length of a paragraph.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.