1. This forum is in read-only mode.

confused again

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by thomascryer, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

In life,you learn by your mistakes LOL.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Some games don't need patching.

Don't worry-some of us will help-stick with what you got for now, save your cash...

Many people still use r4 branded cards :)

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

It's best to have a few cards, Considering the Price of them

I got a R4 revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) with a 2GB microsd card for £13, works grate with Ysmenu and kernal v1.18

Also i am thinking of the acekard, How cheap can you get them for thease days lol!

Most locale indoor market's have thease cards... the ones selling mobile phones

4. thomascryer

thomascryer Well-Known Member

well i have another which could be a dum question but i am very new to all this stuff so go easy on me lol.once everything is sorted how easy is it to get the game on to the memory card i read somewhere you just drag the game to the memory card is that right

5. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Yes,when its unpacked by something like Winrar.

6. thomascryer

why is it that when i extract from winrar and put the game in my desktop or anywhere for that matter it comes up with this archive is either in unknown format or is damaged

7. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Looks like the winrar itself is corrupted, or something to do with its ends.
    Are you trying to extract files that have been split?

and If you have finished download something, and get those error message,
    maybe it have something to do with your internet connection, which affect your download process.

Try using download manager such as Flashget ,Orbit Downloader.
    or Free Download Manager.

8. thomascryer

sorry im new to all this i have downloaded the games and im just playing with winrar for when i get my r4 card so i thought i would extract one and i put it on my desktop and thats what it said. should i be doing something else first am i doing something wrong
    Post Merge: [time]1259321874[/time]
    anyone know

9. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

This is probably caused by a corrupted file (when you were downloading, you internet connection probably cut out for a second, and corrupted the file). Just delete the file and try downloading it again. You could also use a download manager like flashget (search google for more info). Also, try extracting another game. If that doesn't work too, you either have a really dodgy connection (so all the files got corrupted), or WinRar isn't working properly. But the best idea would be to use a download manager like Flashget.

10. thomascryer

my internet is fine no probs there well i have tried extracting alot of them and they all say the same so now im p....d off what do i do now
    Post Merge: [time]1259331704[/time]
    do i get the flashget v3.0 or the flashget v1.9.6

11. Fredbox

You may think your internet is fine, but I doubt it. You may not notice it, but it probably disconnects occasionally for just a split second. This is corrupting your downloads, it happens to loads of people. Just try a download manager like flashget.

12. thomascryer

so is it the v3.0 beta or the v1.9.6

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Just get the latest FlashGet (3.0) and make sure you are using the latest version of winrar. http://www.rarlabs.com/

(personally I use the "classic" version, 1.73)

14. thomascryer

now i have flashget what do i do with it lol

Post Merge: [time]1259335906[/time]
    well i just downloaded something else with flashget i put it on my desktop and opened it and it comes up with the same message god this is frustrating
    Post Merge: [time]1259336805[/time]
    im really starting to wish i didnt bother with this
    Post Merge: [time]1259339876[/time]
    right once i have picked whatever i want to download it says what should firefox do with this file.

open with
    flashget3
    savefile
    Post Merge: [time]1259350381[/time]
    ANYONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

15. Fredbox

Sorry, it doesn't seem to be bad downloads after all. But flashget is still useful, so it wasn't a wasted effort. It seems that it's a problem with winrar. I assume you have the latest version of it, so all I can suggest is un-installing it and re-installing it. And when firefox asks what you want to do, choose flashget (that's what you were asking, right?).

16. thomascryer

yes but i have uninstalled winrar about 3 times now and its the same.just make sure im doing this right i go on to winrar go into downloads and the very top one is mine WinRAR x86 (32 bit) 3.91 beta 1 but in the middle under Latest localized WinRAR beta versions is English (32 bit) should i be clicking that aswell.

also am i doing right by going into winrar and extracting it to the desktop should i be doing something else
    Post Merge: [time]1259358775[/time]
    right another thing if i extract and put it in my desk top it shows as a white folder with the winrar sign on it (books) and thats when i try to open it and the error comes up.if i send them from my documents to the desktop they show as a pile of books without the folder and when i open them it goes to the winrar page (where it says extract, test etc)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.