1. This forum is in read-only mode.

COD : Black Ops [NDS]

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by teheezin, Jul 27, 2010.

1. totallydood

totallydood Guest

I hope they add mic function to online. playing COD w/o a mic is meh sometimes

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

that would be fun :) but it would kinda suck too, because all the thrashers

3. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

Mute feature?

4. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

It's a DS game, I doubt there'll be any thrashers.

I think Black Ops DS will be the first DS WiFi game to have 6 players. Everything else has been 4 players.

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

really?! OMG, you guys dont make the waiting easy!!! ive always wondered why they never added more capacity for multiplayer games

6. Yutrzenika

The DS can only handle so much.
    I'm surprised they haven't tried Call of Duty on PSP, I mean, aside from that one that nobody really liked (I personally thought it was OK). On PSP, there's Medal of Honor Heroes 1, and 2, which both support 32 players online. Maybe in the future.

7. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

I didn't notice that! They should make PSP versions, I wonder what went wrong?

8. totallydood

totallydood Guest

Call of Duty wouldn't work well on PSP. Seeing as how you move with the analog nub, how will you aim? with the shape buttons? :/

9. Yutrzenika

Yeah, that's how you aim. The controls work pretty good. Just the game wasn't really that fun. The only level I remember replaying lots was this level where your in a B17 bomber, and you drop bombs, and you can climb into turret pods and shoot down Nazi planes and such.

10. totallydood

totallydood Guest

Wow, there's no way in Hell I would try to aim with 4 different buttons.

11. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I don't think it would be that bad. It seems like it would be kind of easy.

12. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

no mobilized had six in online mode also

13. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

i r curiosity

14. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

me r to

15. Yutrzenika

It did? Hm, never knew that. I only ever managed to play 1 online match of that game.

16. LuckyTrouble77

I decided to play WaW. Even on easy, this game is kind of crushing. Of course, I've added a level of difficulty by trying to use an awful touch screen. I can now defuse land mines perfectly (I know all the off spots on my screen), but the Morse Code is still somewhat difficult to time well. I do far prefer the mini games in this one over Mobilized so far though.

Trying to shoot down Japanese planes coming from multiple directions on an off touch screen was quite the adventure.

Honestly, they just should just remove the mini games completely and focus on expanding the existing content for Black Ops. Developers always wanting to use the touch screen isn't horrible, but most of the CoD games are already nearly completely controlled through the touch screen. The mini games just feel like crappy gimmicks.

17. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

might try this

18. Yutrzenika

The mini games are part of what make the game fun. You just have a bad experience with them due to a shitty touch screen. If having to do a computer hacking minigame that takes less than a minute to do turns you off from a game then you are definitely picky, or just have no patience. All the minigames are things that can be done in mere seconds.
    The Minigames make the game more interesting too. Any other game you'd just hold a button and it's done, in CoD DS games you actually get to arm the bomb, or get to disarm the bomb.

Anyways, I hope they have more riding shotgun moments like in CoD 4 DS, those levels were fun.

19. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

they need to make nazi zombies for psp or ds

20. LuckyTrouble77

Well, the Mobilized thing was once again, my touch screen. The first mini game was actually impossible with where my touch screen is off. If I can just get $5 though, I can send in my old DS to Nintendo and get it completely fixed up.

My main issue with the mini games is just the fact that they feel unnecessary. I mean, at least they didn't screw it up or anything, so it all works as it should. Like I said, it just feels gimmicky. Kind of like they see the touch screen is there, so they decide to use it way more than necessary. The CoD games are about the only ones who have been able to do this without totally screwing it up though at least.

Just imagine though, with less little extras like that, the online mode could be expanded, the missions spruced up, tons of things.