1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Classic Rock \m/ O_O \m/ and How did it happen?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rock91, Jan 5, 2010.

1. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

How bout Metal guys ?

2. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

I love elvis,i was brought up on him,but sorry,he was a fake,nothing more then a name.
    He did'nt write any of his songs, or nuthing. His biggest hit hound dog,was a cover lol.......

I aint dissing him,i love him,but he his overrated for something he didnt do lol

3. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

What? He's just accoladed as one of the most talented rock and roll artists of his time, if not the best. Is he not? Did anyone of his contemporaries do what he did? Uhm, let me see. Nope. He's no fake. He's got raw and polished talent on the stage on in the studio. Autotune wasn't all the rage.

4. MitsukaiXxX

I respect what you say,but i disagree :)

5. dancubs

What's there to disagree about? You believe he's not a good performer?

6. MitsukaiXxX

No no no i didnt say hes a bad performer.....
    Im saying he ddint write any of his music,or play any instruments like everyone makes out...

He was just a marketing opportunity for the record companies :).....

I like his music,my dad is proberly the biggest elvis fan of all time,we both went to graceland.and i touched his grave and his cooker lol.......

I just dont liek the fact that he's over exaderated these days by modern fans.......:)

7. dancubs

Aaah. Well that comes to an individual's point of view. You didn't have to disagree with me. I never said he wrote original songs. :) I just said he was really good, buddy.

8. MitsukaiXxX

aaaa i see,i took you wrong lol.......sorry
    Yeah i love his music too..........my favourite song by him is Guiatr man :)

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I love old Rock and new Rock (not the stuff you hear on the radio with the exception of The Killers).

I like to classify myself as one of the woman who enjoys the Beatles to the point of fanaticism (but not scream at their concerts, seriously, shut up, you're there for the music.). I think Paul has one of the most flexible voices in rock history, next to Freddie Mercury. George Harrison's guitar skill and Ringo's drum skill is vastly underrated. And I like to think that Paul + John write the best music, both lyrically and musically. But that's coming from me. I'd like to think that The Beatles made lee way to heavy metal (with Helter Skelter) but that's only because they wanted to top The Who for making a heavier song. It's an opinion to think they influenced all of Rock, but they influenced Pop music. I'm so glad I saw Paul McCartney in concert, amazing concert, I loved it.

Oh, that and Something is the best love song of all time. Even Frank Sinatra confirmed it.

Although, I still love The Who, The Kinks, Velvet Underground, Buck Cherry (he's so awesome, he's always smiling), and whoever else you can think of. With the exception of U2, and The Rolling Stones. Blegh, U2 is the most overrated band of all time, it doesn't help that Bono is the most arrogant person in the world.

ACDC is a mix in a bag, after their first singer died, the second one has a tendency to make a lot of their songs sound the same. After Back in Black, it's just a mesh of sound that all sounds similar to me. I love their old stuff like Heatseeker, mmm. I actually prefer Airbourne over them, a ACDC clone but really good. But that's just me.

I like some of Elvis' stuff, his voice is heavenly, even if he didn't write his songs, he's still good and influenced a lot. Especially performance wise, where even The Beatles were lacking (30 minute setlists, no encores, no flashy stuff). Buck Cherry though, I love him. Johnny B Good, Roll Over Beethoven, and I Want That Rock 'n Roll Music are always in my head, great writing and guitar.

10. MitsukaiXxX

Did you say the rolling stones were overrated?

11. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

ill recommend slapshock a philippine band they're a bit international

12. MitsukaiXxX

@by buck berry ill take you meant chuck berry....
    wells heres a treat for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45V1Q_C2Wpc&feature=related

lennon and chuck :)

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I said U2 was. I really don't like The Rolling Stones, they only have a couple of songs that I like.

Yeah, I keep mixing up the names. ._.

Coooooooool

14. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Buckcherry is actually a band. I know you know this, but I am captain obvious.

Therefore I wear the hat on this ship.

15. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

NOWAY. no one mentioned scorpions? they HAVE to be classic rock. Definitely my favorite classic rock band xD

and don't forget sweet child of mine by guns n roses. undeniably one of the best there is