1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cheating habits?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matty_34, Dec 8, 2009.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

depend on the game that i play.

game that i normally cheat is

Pokemon, breeding, i try legally breed a pokemon, it took me 4 mouths....... to get the pokemon i wanted... since i got something else better to do, i always cheat on breeding, although i dont make cheap pokemon like wondertomb.

Yu-Gi-Oh, i cant stand farming for money just to wasted on some random digital booster packs, so i always get infinite money, but i still unlock the pack in normal means.

anygame that i beat, sadly i cant do this anymore since new gen console doesnt have ar, but back then whenever i beat a game throughly, i always look up some fun cheat to make make the game more fun like having a rapid shotgun cheat XD.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I would love to agree with the bottom one...but sometimes life isn't fair :(

In gta san andreas, I got stuck in a train tunnel, one bit of life, all guns for the first part of game, heaps of cash...

I had no way of getting out, especially if the police are on 4 star and I was one low health-1 hit ko :(

So I used a cheat...just the one to prevent bullets killing me...

But normally I dislike cheats except in crap games that NEED cheat codes to get any fun out of them, games like south park on n4/ps1 come to mind.

Brother loves cheats, but he is only young and has yet to learn to be a "pro" player XD

When I was 7, me and my farther used the "konami" code in probotector (contra for nstc players) because...well at 7 and he wasn't a gamer we needed the lives...it's only now that I could beat it without cheats.

3. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

I only cheat to make the game more fun. Like weapons, infinite life, inf. money, etc. But other than that, I never cheat to advance the story. I downloaded Mario kart, and I could've downloaded a save file, but I didnt. I chose to unlock all the karts and racers manually.

Cheating destroys the feeling of being rewarded.

4. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

I usually cheat on my exams lol

I don't cheat, it kills the game's challenge. hmm well I do cheat after I beat the game =D

5. dupasuka

dupasuka Well-Known Member

im pretty sure that half of you guys cheat now

6. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

I don't use cheats at all during the first run-through.

The exception might be cheats that don't really make the game play any easier, but help make it less time consuming. For instance, when I played Dragon Quest Monsters, the only cheat I used halted the time in the Metal Menagerie in order to make it easier to level my characters and capture Metal King Slimes. It's something I could have done without the cheat, but it would have taken twenty times as long. This way, I'm able to to everything that I would do normally, but without an insane amount of grinding that might otherwise make me stop playing.

Oh, and people who use cheats in online play are a-holes.

7. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

When I played Zelda Spirit Tracks, I couldn't beat the second boss (The Fire an Ice Guy). I tried it over a hundred times but it killed me all the time, so I used an infinite heath code to eat him.

8. p4tman

p4tman Guest

I only cheat if I'm stuck, finished the game or I'm bored of it and want something fun to do

9. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

EXACTLY.

10. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

that wut i do too.
    Does AR codes count? If so, then yes... I cheat in Pokemon Diamond... I cant get codes for Platnium.

11. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

I don't cheat at all. If I get to a point in 'the' game that is like banging my penis against a wooden nail-board, then I will throw a hissy fit, and go back to it later, then most likely do it.

12. Tian Maut

Tian Maut Well-Known Member

I never use cheat, if I'm stuck I will stop playing that game. I did not finished FF7 because I got stuck in the last battle against sephiroth (almost 10 years).

13. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Depends on the game and my interest.

If I am playing a fun game with interesting battle systen or mini-games etc. I don't cheat because I will be most of time doing something i like to do.

Now at games that requires to waste a lot of time grinding, farming money and etc. i cheat to make the game more "fluently". Normally Infinite money to have my character always with top-notch equiment and tons of recover itens. Usually more its than enough to beat a game.

Happens because when I play RPGs and some tatics games, I go for the story and the story only. Spenting my time grinding or 20 minutes killing a useless boss isn't of my concern if my interest is in the wall of text after the battle and not the battle itself.

14. vsio

vsio Active Member

X

Well, depends one the game...
    if the game is not balance, I use the cheat method...

X

15. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

I only cheat when the game gets boring, but it gets even more boring when you cheat.
    Lose/lose.