1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Car Accidents and You

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PeachMilk, Jul 25, 2010.

1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You got me there. LOL

2. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

I've never been in an accident before.

But looks like you'll have to walk again Peachy

3. RomRomPawnch

RomRomPawnch Well-Known Member

Whooo... Peach, crazy stuff happening. So... the lesson learned here is...: OLD PEOPLE AND CARS DON'T MIX!

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I've never been in a car accident, although I have been hit by a car when I was walking. That's about it though.

5. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

"Barely into adulthood" does not mean "old" jeez..

Only my TOE has been run over.

Actually, a car's tire was stuck on top of my toe for about five seconds. I turned out to be OK though XD

6. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

I've been in one.

My family and I were cruising down a motorway towards Strabane when the car in front of us braked suddenly. We braked and avoided crashing into the back of them, but the car behind us was too close to stop. Unfortunately, we had a trailer attached to the back of the car so it crashed through the back door. Our poor dog was frightened out of his wits for days afterwards (He was in the boot at the time and just narrowly avoided being crushed).

7. doughboy

doughboy Guest

the topic sounds like something out of an old car teaching ed movie..... :)
    well i hit a parked car if that counts

8. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Wow, I was thinking of starting a thread like this after I got into a car accident (as a passanger, in China)

I was in the front seat of a van that could fit like 12 people (they have those! LOL!) We were driving back to our hotel after eating some good food. Then we were crossing a bridge and stopped at a stop light (YES, people there do stop at lights!)There was a motorcycle in front of us. It was a green light at we accelerated. The motorcycle ahead of us stalled (Aparently, a lot of people in China drive MANUALS, because they own) and we crashed into it. It was much of a fender bender. We only drove like 2 meters and the motorcycle was under the van (partially). It felt like 4 seconds of high heart rate times. The motorcyclist only suffered from really minor injuries. Then the police came in three minutes. Then we went to the local motor shop. Wow, it was like 50 meters away from the accident site. Fixing the motorcycle was really cheap (like $7) to fix some bent mirror stick and the engine (which was barley damaged, the fuel injector was re-attached). Then we all left.

And that was my first time in a car accident.

BTW, damn, the car is messed. But it's not "THAT" bad! :D

9. enjibenji

enjibenji New Member

Ive been in one, while learning I had a brain explosion and ended up clipping the rear of a car turning right at a roundabout. both cars were fine apart from about $4000 of damage. As for the worst accident Ive seen, 5 of my schoolmates were in a car, lost control around a corner and rolled it down an embankment, only 1 guy survived. The car looked like a pancake cut in half by the end of it

10. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

lol this made me laugh.
    Where are you from?

11. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

in soviet russia you accident car!!!!!! lol

12. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

A lot of people in china don't drive cars. They ride busses.

13. garychencool

Think again!

So then it's not their fault that the bus crashes into something!

BTW, people ride/drive motorcycles and bikes but I see a lot of cars.

AND: Cars there are cheap because they lack some saftey standards.

[​IMG]

^^^^^a "kinda" busy highway^^^^^

[​IMG]

^^^^^moderately busy^^^^^^

[​IMG]

^^^^^the highways that I went on for the majority of my trip to China^^^^^
    Post Merge: [time]1280941679[/time]
    Manuals save gas, are cheaper and are more powerful. You save gas if you know how to drive one. Not many females drive vehicles or manuals...

BTW, I am in Canada and I went on China in August 2009. Ate a lot of food, puked a lot and bought a lot of bootleg items!

14. msg2009

They are not more powerful it just that manuals have the ratios picked for the engine, and are not or cheaper, at least not in the UK.
    Most cars here are manual, auto's are seen as grandad cars and half the people on the road are women.

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

automatics are more expensive in the UK and manuals have better performance, especially at higher speeds. Mnauals are also more fuel efficient.

16. garychencool

I mean in China

17. msg2009

I almost bought a honda accord a few years ago and the prices were the same, maybe it was just that car/dealer or whatever.

My dad drives an auto, I hate driving it, no control at all with them, I like to use engine braking and pick my own gear for corners.

oh, ok :)

18. garychencool

Or in India and countries where traffic/driving rules are almost not existant!

19. i hope your alright ;)
    Post Merge: [time]1282878225[/time]
    i remember witnessing a death of a girl freind. She was hit by a car... woops. she was a bitch anyways.
    The blood that flew everywere... gross

20. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

Never been involved in one. I nearly became part of one a couple of weaks ago. My sis got her drivers license and wanted to go with her on a drive. I got in the car and she nearly crashed in a gas station in morrisons. Damn that was scary.