1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can you "Buy" True Happiness?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Oct 15, 2010.

1. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Well, there are things that would make me happy if I could afford them.

So for me personally, if used correctly, yes money can.

But as things stand atm I am happy despite not having a lot of money. So meh.

2. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

So's bacon. You just have to prioritise; be happy and die at 60-70, or live in misery until you're 90+.

3. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

Money can't buy 'true" happiness, no. But it sure makes misery more enjoyable.

4. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

1. If the item is actually called "True Happiness", then yes.
    2. If your life's dream is to buy something that you think you'd never be able to buy in a million years, then yes.
    3. If you would be truly happy just to save all the animals in shelters from being euthanized and put them on a farm where they can live and be happy, then yes.

So, yeah.

5. yassine1

yassine1 Well-Known Member

only rich peope say this: money can't buy hapiness, if they didn't have money, they would've spoken differently
    so YES money Do Buy Hapiness

6. sixor

sixor New Member

yep, money does help a lot to be happy, but there are dumb rich people

money is not everything, but it can get you almost anything in life, or at least close to it

the only people that says being rich is bad are shit rich people (like the president of my country venezuela), yet they don´t give away ther money, weird?

7. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I think normal human things are most important for psychological well-being, like an active social life, jogging if that's your thing, having a drink or two, and listening to some good tunes. Things are nice but there's only so much happiness you can get staring into an expensive TV, or whatever people who have money spend it on.

But I might argue that my life would be better if I could afford all the guitars and weed I wanted.

8. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Can you "Buy" True Happiness?

Yup, and its not even expensive. MW3 is awesome.

9. yassine1

yassine1 Well-Known Member

It can be even free in that case ^^'

10. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

True happiness is being with friends and having fun. Friendship you can buy with money because it will be only fake friendship. Without the money you would be ignored.

Let me say, it is impossible to buy true happiness because you will always find something that makes your happiness not perfect. In other words on one can get truely a 100% happy

11. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

That's the kind of Happiness I had back when I was in High School.Now all of my friends are all swept away by life that we can never get together and have a great time :'(

12. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

True friends you have for life.

13. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

I totally and completely understand how that feels. I used to smile a lot back in High School. Nowadays, I'd be lucky if I can find something that can make me even slightly chuckle.

14. AnimeboyX3

Oh really?Well we can powerfully relate then.I keep searching for stuff to hold me down like video games,anime,mangas etc.But they don't hold me down long.What I give to look forward to seeing friends day after day like I used to. :'(

15. toffster92

Holy shit, it's like we're living the same life. I'm just burying myself in any form of stimulation I can find (barring illegal substances of course). Anime, games, TV, mangas, comics. It's even gotten so bad that I'm starting to fail in my classes because they aren't stimulating enough. My life is turning into one big yawn..

16. AnimeboyX3

Tell me about it.I'm slipping in school now since I'm just not motivated enough and have no friends there period.My life is boring and depressing.I wake up every morning and it's the same thing day after day week after week month after month year after year.Man it's devastating.I'm always usually in my room on my laptop or PS3.It's always the same.

Sigh if only if something interesting can come about. :'(

17. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

Try a hobby or a public club

18. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

It sounds like happiness is yet another condition to the human emotion.

19. toffster92

So to answer the original question...

Only as much as it needs to pay for a cellphone bill.

I found out a few weeks ago that my best friend back in the Philippines (we've known each other since kindergarten and share a TON of good times) moved here to the US. As soon as he got a phone, we started catching up on old times. Now we're planning on doing a cross-country road trip when either one of us gets a car. Should take me about 5 years to get one but hey, at least it's something to look forward to.

20. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

I used to feel a lot like you. When I came from Scotland to Brazil I had no friends and I was poor. I decided to practise Basketball and join a youth club. They are my best friends now :D