1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can you "Buy" True Happiness?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Oct 15, 2010.

1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I had a shitty upbringing too, it doesn't mean my daughter or my neices have one.
    Kids don't need all the latest gadgets, spend time with them and love them and they will be happy.

You use money as an excuse for everything and its holding you back, if a girl really loves you she won't care if you are poor. Who said you need to get married to have a girl anyway? Im not married and were happy.

Time to face facts, you are never going to be rich. What are you going to do?
    1. Sit and moan about it for the rest of your life and nothing changes.
    2. Go make the best of it you can.

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

the only thing hardship teach me is how importance money really is, its a good value to learn but its a really hard value to learn as kid.

childhood should be happy and full of enjoyment not getting make fun of by richer kids or worse, cousin.. school break should spend on vacation not working.

you dont need to remind me that, i already accepted the fact i'm not going to be rich.

3. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

You say that as if happiness without money is impossible. When people talk about learning the importance of money, they mean you shouldn't spend it frivolously. They don't mean it's the ultimate end-goal that will lead to everlasting happiness and sunshine and rainbows.

The idea is that you don't just wallow in self-pity.

4. calvin_0

not for me, i do learn to spend my money wisely, it just make me feel trap and limited as i cant get anything i want rather then appreciated what i have.

so its better to fool yourself thinking you are happy when you are truly not?

5. tehuber1337

Geez, how hopeless are you? Happiness is not a state of being. You don't "obtain" it. It's a mindset, a way of looking at the world. It's something you create for yourself.

6. calvin_0

how can i create it when i lack of the most importance component?.

7. tehuber1337

You lack a brain? Well then, you're screwed.

8. msg2009

You have issues Calvin, I recommend speaking to a professional. Whats next for you, suicide?

9. calvin_0

you forget heart and soul.

nope, i cant kill myself as long as my mom is alive. she bring me to this world, i dont have right to end it without her approval.

10. msg2009

Everythings becoming a bit clearer now.......btw how old are you again? late 20's?
    You still live with mummy right?

11. calvin_0

nope, she move in with her chinese opera business partner. but i do live in my moms house as i mention in one of the topic back then.

12. tehuber1337

Good grief, you really do have issues.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

So if she said yes then you'd off yourself?

Dude...just no.

14. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Oh man, cheer up, man.

Money DOES solve some problems, but it isn't the alpha and omega of everything. Be motivated and confident in yourself - making 1.2k isn't much, admittedly, but that just means you gotta work harder and dig yourself up if you really want the money. Sign up for a couple of courses to get yourself some skills - I'm sure you can save a little for it or borrow it off a friend. Even if you can't, learning off the internet and DIY books goes a long way in showing your employees/future-job employees you're srzbznz.

At least with skills, you can easily change to a job with a better salary or at least, better benefits.

....And I don't think they meant that when they said filial piety, dude.

15. Lukong

Lukong Well-Known Member

People say "Money buys happiness", but what we buy with money is enjoyed. Meaning one can "Enjoy what they Buy with Money, but It Won't Make a Person's Life Happier."

16. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Argh! Zombiethread!

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

pretty much this. Money can be a means to an end, it should not an end in of itself. And where money isn't available, there are other ways of achieving the same end.

18. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

Money does buy happiness but if you are completly depressed, you would still be sad no matter what.

19. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Alternatively...

20. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

antidepressants are terrible for your health