1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can someone reccomend me some good Metal music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by omega zero master 28973, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Reider

Reider Modereider

All That Remains, Before the Dawn, Bleeding Through, Blood Stain Child, Dark Tranquility, Darkest Hour, Disarmonia Mundi, Eluveitie, Engel, In Flames, James LaBrie, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Mercenary, Mutiny Within, Raunchy, Scar Symmetry, Solution .45, Sonic Syndicate(not including that most recent album), The Autumn Offering, Times of Grace, Trivium, Unearth.

Take your pick.

2. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

I think he was referring to the Wikipedia article based on what he quoted.

3. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I said, "In addition to wikipedias objective description I'd like to mention that it's not good."
    He replied, quoting the above sentence, "Then what's "good" to you?"
    Then I responded with grace and dignity, dodging his question to avoid the effort of explanation.

Or at least this is my understanding of the events that have just transpired.

4. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

I wasn't saying Disturbed is great or anything along the lines of that. I was simply saying what kind of music do you think is good? Because I was wondering what kind of music can be considered by you as good music. Classic? Rap? Heavy metal? Or just plain Rock.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Considering that he hates nu metal, I'd guess that he likes real metal, since nu metal is just a poor imitation of metal.

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Metal branches off all over the place, there is no such thing as real metal.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes there is. Any metal except nu metal. nu is a trendy term used to pretend something is something it isn't. Just like nu labour are actually tories wearing red.

8. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Metalcore is not real metal in almost any other metal community. Black Metal is dismissed by Thrash purists. Melodeath isn't real metal to "Pure" Death Metal fans. Drone is dismissed by Metalheads who want to bang their heads. I could go on, there is no such thing as real metal.

9. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Edit: I could list three dozen genres I listen to but my general opinion is that genres are very difficult to compare because of their ambiguity and that it would be a challenge to determine that one genre is superior to another. However, I can safely say that no nu metal act has awed me with the exception of shocked embarrassment.

Re-edit: I don't listen to very much metal nor am I a "purist."

10. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Wasn't it you who got me hooked to In Flames? Or am I thinking about b00bage? Not that it has anything to do with anything, but I know someone from #whatever got me into them.

11. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

real metal: slayer, megadeath, iron maiden, symphony x, dream theater, death, judas priest. i could go on with the list. but these bands and more are real metal :)

of course i do listen to any type of metal. love metal, except nu metal, its too repetitive and grind, hate grind, its just noise

12. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

But only if it's "real", right?

13. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

only if i like it :p

14. Void

Void Well-Known Member

It's possible, I got into a few melodeath bands a couple years ago. It could also have been Reider, I think he's fond of them.

Now I'm off to re-download some MOTHERFUCKIN SACRILEGE.

15. Reider

Reider Modereider

Yeah, I have to claim that one. And Protest The Hero.