1. This forum is in read-only mode.

can my PS2 play PAL games?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lugia543, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

His PS2 is PAL, which is a superior colour system to NTSC. It is entirely possible that PAL PS2s can decode NTSC colour signals and not vice versa. (A PAL decoder is essentially two NTSC decoders connected a certain way).

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Lugia, despite what I said...the only way to know is to actually try it, if it's in black and white it won't kill you unless you need to see colours.

I've been playing my import of super monkey ball 2 in black and white before I found the right tv for use :)

Had no idea Pal was "better" XD

Some of my gamecube games would only work on 60hz tv's (giest, legend of zelda master quest/oricana of time and metroid prime 2) and if I had the wrong tv the games would just show as black and white or in some cases...not at all.

Only way to know is to try, if you nearly got the game, and you have a few blanks, try it first...maybe one day you'd find a tv that would work.

It took me ages to get some of my gear working, despite buying it with the knoledge that it wasn't gonna work at all with current gear.

3. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

no my ps2 is NTSC but the internet says that a modchip can bypass piracy checks. the PAL games are unplayable even though it is no color, the screen rolls making it impossible to even see

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I would think it's the tv in this case.

If you can find yourself a new tv, like one of those lcd screens or something...fancy just to do a test it might work...or not.

For all we know it might be as I said before, needs a certain type of tv.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.