1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can i still learn to play guitar?

Discussion in 'Music' started by chukapi, Apr 6, 2010.

1. chukapi

chukapi Guest

Like the title says.. can i still learn to play guitar even when im 20yrs old now? and become good or even more? just got an inspiration to learn it..

2. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

No, it's impossible to learn the guitar over the age of 15. Of course you can still learn...

3. dude182

dude182 New Member

Take it from a musician, you can learn any instrument at any age. As long as you put practice into it, you will do fine.

I have been playing drums for 8 years and I taught myself guitar and piano.

By the way, putting in a little cash towards a couple of lessons, doesnt hurt.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Yes,
    As long you can still move all of your fingers, you can still learn how to play it.

Just practice everyday.

5. chukapi

chukapi Guest

Okay! thanks for the replies! i'll do my best.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Humans are the most sophisticated beings on Earth.

We can learn something totally new that isn't programmed into our minds.

Like for instance, if you don't know how to ride a bicycle.
    Most people are able to learn how to ride a bike in a fairly short amount of time.

We are not programmed to ride a bike, but somehow we are still able to do such a feat.

So yes. You can learn.

7. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

yes i didnt start till in my 20s
    i had a few problems stretching my fingers apart across the frets but soon got used to it

8. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, I've read somewhere about one of the best female lead guitarist out there, and she only started playing only at the age of 30 xD I'm only just starting to learn the guitar myself. Your call is the only song i know how to play since it practically doesn't have any chords =P

9. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

I heard of one violinist that started playing at 60. If you want to learn, age can't stop you.