1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can GOD be killed?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by XD9999, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

Exactly.
    That's the way to kill god.
    If you stop thinking about it, he dies.

2. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

3. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

He is dead he remains dead we can't even find his freaking body. So he's not real, unless you believe hes in your soul and you are christian

4. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

still no

5. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

what the hell are you gonna answer huh?!
    Well, just as what I just said:

6. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

7. Oteupaiecona

[​IMG]

8. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

Can GOD be killed? My answer is NO

9. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

oh............
    True.

10. Oteupaiecona

Three times the charm?

11. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

what is that supposed to mean?

12. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

just saying "no" is spam as this is the debates section so without any sort of elaboration it is a pointless post that serves no purpose other then to be a bit of spam

13. vsio

vsio Active Member

X

Wow...I remember in wikipedia that any company using SPAM (food) in spamming term will get sued...I wonder if that ever happened...

Btw, can GOD be killed?

If he wills it, it will happen. If not, it will not happen.

X

14. exiavalanche

exiavalanche Well-Known Member

i don't get why there is religon it's pretty much the cause of all our problems

15. tranceman01

tranceman01 Active Member

the problem is that with any mythology the cultural implications are that its the easiest way to explain how and why things are the way they are. why are there mountains? why is the sky blue? what are stars? constellations? oceans? etc etc the easiest way is to personify them and give them personalities and call them omnipotent gods. the christian God is in no way different. its not that it doesn't exsist/can be killed/ cant be killed/isn't alive/is an idea what have you, but the fact that its an explanation of something that can't be explained yet. which is one of the reasons the Vatican is so weird around certain sciences because if we explain whats going on it might lead to the destruction of God due to the lack of unexplained things. HOWEVER, with love and kindness and luck and coincidence and karma and the random monkey wrenches being thrown into the mix still affecting the outcome of things there will always be room for God for me.

16. tim1182

tim1182 Well-Known Member

I always thought that religion only existed for one purpose, that it was to belay the fears that man has with death, that many people cant face the harsh reality that when you die thats it, so they invent a heaven in which we go to when we die, also to explain the unknowns in the world, well thats just my opinion of religion.

17. ax_colleen

ax_colleen Active Member

Question, did Lucifer win? Surely when you get pissed at someone from the internet you'll attempt to fight back, or be a chicken, cluck, and shut up.

Have you seen God? Christians have contact to God by prayers and faith, you might never approached God before, nor you will touch Him in reality, the logic is there.

To those who badmouthed, you don't have a right to swear at religion, since its a topic that should have respect.

Thank You.

18. Oteupaiecona

Actually, that's story isn't really in the bible.
    It is a later church invention.
    Christians just missinterpret Isaiah 14.
    It is not talking about the Devil, it is talking about the King of Babylon.
    Have you never wondered why the Jews don't have a Devil like the Christians do?
    Does this mean you will only fight back on the Internet, while in the real world you will cluck and shut up?
    Don't really know what you are trying to say here.
    Neither have you.
    Same claim is made by Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Rastafarians, and the thousands of other religions.
    Thing is all of you have a different god, and all of you (except the Hindus) claim that yours is the only one.
    Where?
    I see no logic there.
    Respect does not mean it cannot be criticized.
    I don't think anyone here swore at religion.
    Saying God isn't real is not swearing, it is stating an opinion.
    If your not man (or woman) enough to deal with different opinions, maybe you should not be in a Debates Forum.
    Oh, and i do have a right, because thankfully, i live in a secular country, where i have freedom of speech.
    Not in a theocracy, where your rights are suppressed.
    Viva secularism!!
    You're very welcome.

19. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

religion does not automatically deserve any respect nor should it.
    people have as much right to swear at religion as anything else, it is not free from criticism just because it's a belief.

also what's up with the Lucifer comment? just because people don't want to belief any farcical stories does not mean they have been controlled by the devil.

20. Oteupaiecona

I think he/she was referring to the story in the bible that Christians usually think is about Lucifer.
    By asking us if Lucifer won, he/she is giving his/her answer that God cannot be killed because Lucifer was unable to kill him.