1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can GOD be killed?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by XD9999, Jan 5, 2009.

1. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

According to classical theism. God is a being that exist outside of time therefore and that his body is that of spirit that makes him free from limitations like exhaustion, hunger, etc. and We all know about the popular betrayal of Lucifer of usurping the throne of God. What wonders me is that if Lucifer attempted to defeat God, does that imply the idea that God can be killed?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Ever seen animals fighting for dominance? The winner does not generally kill the loser. The loser either dies during the fight, or submits and lives under the dominion of the other, or is chased off.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

The Christian God is a dick, sorry for cursing, he only got to become "almighty" because his followers & the church made him that way. Unlike in other religions, or in mythology where one God may be invulnerable to something but maybe weak against another, or is wise but can be killed. Honestly the Christian God is so full of it :p

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

you need to show some restraint in your posts, although you hold valid points, stating that 'Christian God is a dick' and that hes 'so full of it' is completely uncalled for and just stirring shit.

5. ultra

ultra Guest

lol, would that be gods fault or the peoples fault?! dynamite was meant for construction work and similar ideas but instead they are also used for destructive purposes [bombs and similar ideas].

yeah, i believe god can be killed. god exists based on your belief in him. if you don't believe in him, then he doesn't exists and therefore you would have killed him.

6. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

I was thinking more of God as a real being rather than a fictional being. Considering that Divine beings like angels, fallen angels, heaven and hell exist. Can we really KILL God given that Lucifer/Satan had attempted it. I mean, If God can be killed then that would imply that he is imperfect. This would open many doors to theories of other beings more superior than God.

7. Loonylion

Do they? You can't make statements like that and pass them off as facts without evidence to back them up.

8. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

IF god are alive, then it must need people to worship him to be alive hance the religion, so to kill god, simply kill off that religion and as time goes by he will be completly forgotten and effectively killing him.

9. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

woot! forgot the word "IF".

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Sorry about the outburst yesterday :-[

But to be honest "God" might just be a collaborated construct of human ideas to form something people believe in. I maybe sounding atheistic with that remark but let me assure you, I AM religious it's just I don't follow one cannon, my faith & beliefs are a conglomoration of things from alot of religions.

Anyway, the only reason "God" became so omnipotent was that we ourselves made his idea like that. And as I said earlier, because of the idea of Monotheism that is believing in one God as opposed to several, "God" became such a Douchey Hippie Tree-hugger. Imagine having all the power in the world but he commands his followers to harbour no ill against others. Psw! I want my God of War who'll "help" me in Battle, or a God of Vengeance who will punish those who offends me, & the ever lovable God of love who will help me get that girl of my dreams ;D

11. wtfroms

wtfroms Member

I don't believe in god so you can't kill what isn't real.

12. ultra

ultra Guest

did anyone saw the episode of south park about imaginationland?
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/118663/

there is a special appearance of someone if you watch the complete trilogy of this episode.
    do you know who appears?

13. Girogex

Girogex Guest

In the heaven's wings timeline there is a time where god was destroyed :p

If god died from erasing the religions that means god is a "tulpa" (thoughtform). A tulpa is a spirit that feeds off the thoughts of others.

14. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

guess that would make god inferior to us.

15. bullno1

bullno1 Member

Which one?

16. Loonylion

of course god is a thoughtform. Kill off all his followers and destroy all records of the religion then to all intents and purposes he doesn't exist.

17. Darkaxl

Darkaxl Active Member

Logicaly if you actualy try and make sense of some of the "Tales" from the bible it actualy makes sense that this "Being" doesn't exist.

So in answer to your question how can you kill something that doesn't exist? The only logical theory is evolution and that's personaly what i believe. Mainly because we even see it today in nature. Plants are evolving, diseases are evolving, our immune systems with every new disease are evolving to make us stronger.

In turn changing the way our body works and so on, i'd love to be alive in a few hundred years to see if man has devolved or evolved.

18. bullno1

bullno1 Member

This brings us to another question: How do you define "existence"? You said "God" is an idea and therefore does not exist. Love is also an idea right? Can you say love is non-existent? Even this forum, this world and your life, your body. Can you say for sure that they really "exist" or they're just in your mind? Isn't life just a kind of illusion? There's no way to answer that (unless someday a guy pop up and give you two pills to choose)

Since everyone have their own religions and beliefs. God can exist for this person but is nothing for another. He/she/it can be killed or not at all. Everyone is using the phrase OMG without realizing the truth. You are ranting to your own God. You don't say Oh his god or Oh her god. That's why God is omnipresent.

OK, I lost myself here.

19. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Well since im sri lankan, i have many gods, and i dont really know which one to refer to.. but i dont think any ofd them can be immortal.. I believe in god, and I think that "they" are immortal to me...

20. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

If something as a 'God' were to exist and create such a thing as death then why would it be exempt from it's own rule?