1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Call Of Duty MW2 over hyped?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stirgo1212, Feb 21, 2010.

1. MadCarbon

MadCarbon New Member

its a good game, but there will always be fanboys...

2. pastorofmuppets

pastorofmuppets New Member

I enjoyed it, but it had a lot of AI and physics flaws. And I own it for PC, so I got gypped on the multiplayer.

3. supersonicsparky

supersonicsparky Well-Known Member

MW2 is very very very very over hyped, but it is still an amazing game...

4. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

I think it's a great game. Me and some friends are going to chip in and get it for 360.. The only reason I want it is so I can achievement hunt, while simultaneously going for 100%. Hah. Nothing beats 100% completion. Eat that Game Designer!

5. Buppazugan

Buppazugan Well-Known Member

Call of Duty MW2 is a rushed mess, online gameplay is full of glitches and people who like to exploit those glitches.

6. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

You mean Call of Duty 4:Modern Whorefare 2?...joke
    but seriously it's not worth it if you are planning to buy it just for single player.
    The campaign is only about 5-6 hours long.
    If you want multiplayer,yes.It's great but not the most replayable game.The online is bad for pc.(a betrayal to pc gamers).

YES it's overhyped.(like Halo 3)

7. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

It's all a matter of opinion though, it depends on what floats your boat.

8. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

The online aint even that good tbh........

I still think the greatest online shooter is Half life 2.....after all these years its still flooded with players.

But MW2 will die out soon online :(

9. wendo

wendo New Member

I think the multi-player section of the game rocks but why on earth did they put all the shit like ac 130 chopper gunner and nuclaire strike in it come on that doesnt belong in a FPS game

10. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

What about Crysis? They say this is very good. (graphicly) I'm not sure of the online though, (I don't even know weather it has this feature)

11. MitsukaiXxX

i agree,Crysis has unbelievable graphics(if you have a kick ass graphics card)....

never played online though :)

12. stirgo1212

But crysis is a great (cheap) game! ive seen it in stores for 15€, probably 'cause no-one has the good PC for playing it! I think ive talked to you before about building a gaming PC. With these specs i will buy crysis.
    Multiplayer looks awesome. CryEngine pwns

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Half Life 2? Seriously? Half Life 2 deathmatch? There's so many other better multiplayer games than Half Life 2, granted the single player portion is great, the multiplayer is just insanity. Whatever I guess.

I doubt MW2 will die out online, considering that people still play CoD2/4 online and people are still playing Battlefield Bad Company 1 online (it's quite active too).

You win. Along with nex.

The online is average.

Also I'm surprised this hasn't been moved to Gaming Lounge by Seph. MW2 suffers from a lack of beta testing and public feedback.

14. MitsukaiXxX

Personally i love HL2 online,i once made my own map and server,and it was a hot spot for years,but i stopped playing and when i come back it was dead.
    Its just the variety of maps and weapons.And the players are freeekin hardcore :)

But thats just MO

15. stirgo1212

What about the new "Battlefield Bad Company 2"?

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I guess so, but I prefer a lot of other multiplayer games using the same source engine *coughTF2cough*.

I've been playing the demo, it's a lot of fun and I'm having more fun with it than MW2. Although the people in BFBC2 are really bad and are brain dead, they don't think having 7 snipers on the team is a bad thing, I'm sure some of it will carry to the retail but it's good enough for me to overlook. That and I doubt there will bee many glitches and/or exploits considering they've been through the beta phase and demo phase already.

17. Cheesewizard

Cheesewizard Well-Known Member

in my opinion its crap just buy a good game like the new battlefield coming out. WAAAAAY BETTER. n its not that i hate the game i just think on mw2 there are too many cheaters. glitches and whatnot. Its just over hyped!!

18. MitsukaiXxX

I found battlefield 2 quite hard to get to grips of tbh,proberly didnt practice enough,but i liked the idea :)

19. martin81

martin81 Member

everyone talks about this game
    don;t feel left out
    i don;t have it is well but i play RPG browser games which are much better lol
    link in my sig check it out

20. MitsukaiXxX

woooooooowi used to play fallen sword....

got to level 487 before i was banned :(

They did let me back but i lost intrest.