1. This forum is in read-only mode.

C.O.R.E. DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by DragonQuester, Nov 1, 2008.

1. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

very true very true. everything Wi-Fi needs much better communication methods
    i don't even bother to follow this game anymore, already forgotten what it's all about

2. pk stijnie

pk stijnie Member

isn't c.o.r.e. coming out today are they gonna add it today?

3. Andy88

Andy88 Member

doesnt look like it's coming. It's meant to be out in my country (UK) today. Phoned a retailer and they dont have it. E_mailed noway studio from their website but they seem like they just cant be bothered to treat it like a serious project anymore. No information about it anywhere. If you set a release date at least change it before the actual day if you know you wont be bringing it out, and i know its been pushed back loads but this takes the biscuit!

4. pk stijnie

pk stijnie Member

yeah, stupid idiots

5. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

says april 14 is usa

6. pk stijnie

pk stijnie Member

ah noooooooo so long i have to wait :( naww.

7. knightroad

knightroad Well-Known Member

Well, at the rate things are going this game might just become vapor ware, I have had it pre-ordered for ages, they say now it will come out April 15th, just got that update by the store I pre-ordered it from last week.

But I am not holding my breath, and at least the store doesn't charge me until it ships.

Cheese, it sucks, I wonder what has happened to it?

8. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Guys, I dont think I'll be posting in this thread for a VERY LONG while... Atleast until the game releases

9. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

gamestop has it for pre order!

10. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

It's supposed to be out in Europe version now...

11. chomoda

chomoda New Member

when does c.o.r.e launch so we can download the rom

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no-one knows

13. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Interview with member of NoWay Studio

http://uk.gamespot.com/ds/action/core/preview_6207131.html

Release date given as April 17

No Wifi confirmed

14. knightroad

knightroad Well-Known Member

Yeah, 1prinndood, thats the latest date the store I pre-ordered it from is giving too

Really bummed there is no online play. I guess the guys making this game decided it was too ambitious for their first game? At first they seemed liked they were really pushing for the online competitive mode, man, so sad they backed down.

15. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

@ knightroad, from what I can gather I think, as you say, NoWay wanted wifi from the start but were not happy with how wifi works on the DS. I am sure they must have looked at the state of play on titles such as Metroid Prime Hunters and realised that DS wifi multiplay shooters can be done but are not great.

I for one think they made the best decision, focus on a solid solo game, then see what can be done. I hear CORE has good local multiplayer, if they can get the solo game and the local multiplayer right then i think they have a good future but they cannot change the poor infrastructure that dogs NDS wifi. Maybe in the future we will see class wifi battles on the NDSi

16. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

wait you cant do anything so wait

17. DragonQuester

So when was the "official" release date again? Sometime in April right?

EDIT: Apparently, its release date is tommorow?

18. nejcgx

nejcgx Well-Known Member

Wow, tommorow? Can't if so :p

19. Andy88

Andy88 Member

got a strong feeling that this game yet again will be pushed back to May. Really hope it comes out at some point but then i really hope the makers of the game do not get to release ANYTHING else!! It's one thing to keep pushing a game back but it's another to do that and have NO information anywhere on the net let alone their own website as to the delays.
    If it is released today i'm sure my mood will change but im getting pretty f*****d off with this game now!

20. DragonQuester

Well all sites are stating today is the day and it is out! Im just not too sure when a dump will be created for it