1. This forum is in read-only mode.

C.O.R.E. DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by DragonQuester, Nov 1, 2008.

1. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Re: CORE DS

haha kid was lying :p lol

well we just hopefully have to wait for "the official release date of CORE" in February.. please god make this the real day!!

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I'm looking forward to a delay... :3

3. DragonQuester

haha lol i wouldnt be surprised if there was one..

or actually, i would be! I'd be mad as hell!

lol, lets just hope that those CORE developers are bullsh**ing us again...

4. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I bet they have already had a lot of complaints

5. DragonQuester

i think they ignore them, and focus on changing the release dates over and over...

Damn, i cant wait to see if they'll live up to the current release date

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

They probably change their email address

7. DragonQuester

Guys Ive got bad news.. I read that they CHANGED THE F**KEN DATE AGAIN!!!!!

THIS TIME, IN MARCH!! GRRR, They have really done it this time!!!!!

8. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Lolz; told ya!

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you really have no idea about the development process, do you?

10. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

WTF?? REALLY?? Oh man... Feeling so bad. I was thinking to buy this game ,now i am not! just play rom :D

11. Loonylion

God people, learn about software development will you? delays are NORMAL. don't just say you're not going to pay for something just because it's late. Besides, it's not the developers that set the dates, which is half the problem. Publishers say a release will be made on day X, they don't give a damn if its ready or not. Think yourselves lucky the developers are managing to get the time to finish the game.

12. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

loony i do understand that delays in games is a normal thing and should be understood by consumers because usually in the end it results in a much higher quality product for usually the same price as it would have been if the game had been rushed, but i can also understand the frustration of the consumer when extended delays like this happen(i mean five months worth of delays already for a DS game of all things from professional game developers) also when developers push the releases back more and more it becomes increasingly likely that the game will get canned (exactly what happened with black and white creatures and several other ds titles) or some games end up not even coming out until the next generation of game systems like what happened with mother 3 which was supposed to be a 64 title originally. so i would be willing to say that there is a slight possibility we are getting jerked around at this point

13. Loonylion

I also said its not the developers that set the release dates, its the publishers. if they got their way then the game would be released before its even fit to release.

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It's a very limited hardware to develop for. They save space on the smaller graphics, palettes and tiles (that are included in the 4MB), otherwise they just use up all the VRAM banks that they need for 3D initialization etc. So using OpenGL is enough a bit of a headache. I already have to set a lot of registers correctly to display a 16bit bg, which takes up near a whole bank.

All of which I've said would be unnecessary unless you're meaning/thinking that the DS is easy to develop for and you're wondering why they haven't finished it and have delayed it for nearly half a year.

15. cab9541

well what i was implying in that part of my rant is that on average there are quite alot more man hours put into the development of the average 360 or ps3 game Than a handheld game. i am sure that is not always 100% true but mostly true anyway. also since this game is coming from the same company who produced dementium which is another game of the same genre for the same system you would think they would be able to properly recycle a fair amount of code for this game which would concievebly shorten the development time. but yes i do understand that systems like the ds do present their own challenges when producing games to run on the system.

16. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Holy shit, they actually changed it AGAIN?!! How many times will they say "final date" seriously, it's pissing me off.

17. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The developers of Moon made Dementium actually. If it was from the developers of CORE, then yes, using the engine would definitely speed up the process.

18. cab9541

oh my bad got the two mixed up somehow

19. DragonQuester

well i basically am forgetting about this damn game....

Yeah Loony, I know we arent going to pay for this, but how much times did they delay it? i have a big feeling it'll take them another year, and i believe that their final product wont live up to our expectations because of the delays they have had.. the more delays there are, the better the game HAS TO be!! But I dont think they are even going to make the game please us as much as it would of if it were released on Oct, 31, 2008!!

20. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I thought RomU's motto was to basically demo games and the good ones you buy the crap ones, well that's money saved

But anyways... I think it will be delayed another 2 months but that's a rough guess