1. This forum is in read-only mode.

C.O.R.E. DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by DragonQuester, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Re: CORE DS

Got moon today, it's awesome. Has nice graphics.

2. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

im not trying to be a dick but that is kinda hard to say now as core hasnt been released yet. but i must say that moon on par with MP hunters in about every aspect. the graphics are really nice for ds and has a good story line. things like the remote access droid are pretty sweet too. i guess the only reason we can say moon is better now is because its sittin on most of our flashcarts right now and core wont be out for at least another month

3. Barathrum

I think the droid thing is required way to much. I mean, its nice but i don't want to be a droid half the game.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Agreed. One major drawback.

5. joshthesim

joshthesim Active Member

Yeah, one thing i learned from having to repeat the first 5 chapters is; being a droid is not fun at all..

Good game though. I'll post the in-game glitch i got here, since it's likely to be missed in the game's comment section.
    Would have been great with WiFi.

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I want fair, unbiased points and facts now!
    Otherwise admit you are wrong!

7. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Well this game (MOON) is awesome to me... I still cant wait until CORE so I can compare the two, and then I'll be done MOON by then... Moon actaully looks awesome though, I cant really tell if im in a cutscene or not :p

8. Thalinor

Thalinor Active Member

Only played moon for about 15 minutes but it was fun. I can see how having to use the droid thing is going to be a PITA though. Also on normal, there is far too many health things being dropped -vs- the amount of health you have. I would rather it take more shots to kill me with less health packs sitting around, then have an a ss load of health being dropped but when you need it [after 3 hits] its no where to be found.

9. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

well thats what i like about normal mode, which I chose first :D :p

I find myself getting hurt pretty bad against the enemies so those health packs help..

10. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

It took me a good 5 minz then i got Bored. I HATE MOON. i find it full on crap. its feels like im playing MPH but with no samus, and a remote control car that shoots Electric balls of fire that stops Electric robots to Hover in mid air for like 5 hours.

The health things Disappear when you need them ? Wow, i havnt noticed. i always pick em up when they drop em. its a Habit.

C.O.R.E best not dissapoint me, seriously because if they do im not downloading anymore NDS FPS anymore unless my friend likes em. (we have the same taste for FPS)

11. Barathrum

I think CORE will be better, just because you don't shoot at machines all the time and theres no Droid.

12. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

ya i thought it was a cool thing the first few minutes i played but ya it gets tiresome

13. TraumaHound

TraumaHound Member

I'm anxiously awaiting for C.O.R.E. to come out. It was supposed to hit shelves back in October and in my excitement I even put together an R4DS theme for it (figuring it'd be popular when the game comes out.) It looks pretty good based on the vids I've seen, certainly on-par with Moon though I'm hoping the SFX in C.O.R.E. are beefed up from the lame gun "peeyew peeyew peeyew" sounds we hear in the vids (Moon's sound good, lotta bass with the machine gun.) The wifi is what'll give C.O.R.E. the upper hand as long as it's solid and playable.

Now if Gauntlet DS would just get released already! :)

14. Barathrum

There is no wifi on CORE.

15. richard_brooksid

richard_brooksid Well-Known Member

My son told me today that his friend had the game cart for this game - he must have bought it at a gamestop (knowing our area). It doesn't show on their website yet though. Has anyone heard if it is out?

16. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

Do we know some weapons in CORE?? Cuz i really want some sniper action... BTW hope it doesnt contain too much mini games like CoD:WaW... It had some nice FPS but some awful mini games... (and a freaking hard tank mission)

Moon is like quake , or a mission in Resitance:FoM(if u played , u got it). It is way too much at inside... I wanna see some sun , clouds or something...

and if it doesnt contain a Shotgun or Sniper , this game will not be a hit...(for me :D )

17. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

According to the games website (corethegame.com) it's scheduled for release on feb 24th. So if he does have the game cart then he sure did get it early. (and I demand a dump be given to me, or death shall come swiftly!) But most likely the kid is just blowing smoke.

18. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Yeah, that kid is bluffing.

19. richard_brooksid

richard_brooksid Well-Known Member

I agree with both of you (waylonn and Seph); I just can't say for sure since I wasn't there. He probably got it confused with something else (Moon probably).

20. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

most likely, an earlier post somewhere mentioned February release i think. even if some place does decide to sell it a bit sooner they are not gonna start like 1, 2, 3 weeks earlier