1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Brown Recluse Spider...need help ASAP..

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Tomoka, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

okay, i have killed 9 Brown Recluse's this week! i dunno where they're coming from, i tried calling an exterminator, without an exact location they can't kill them T_T i NEED help exterminating these things!!! here's a page with more info on it...
    http://leisureguy.wordpress.com/2008/12/17/beware-the-brown-recluse-spider/

i need to kill these immediately...if you seen what the bites look like, you know why! plus i'm allergic, so they'd kill me T_T (if the poison doesn't first -.-")

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I've seen a few of those. They tend to stay away from people and only bit if provoked or are startled.

In your case, look everywhere. Pull everything out and check, check, and check again.

They LOVE dark places by the way, but what creepy crawly doesn't?

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

that's the thing, i did look everywhere T_T i pulled out my bed, and my dads bed, not under them, under none of the kitchen appliances, in none of the rooms/in nothing, not under the couch/love seat/chair... and i have a bad feeling they're either living in the door, or outside and come in when they want to T_T

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

They're TINY!
    They can hide anywhere. Even between your toes.

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Those fuckers are bad news regardless if your allergic to them or not. Do you have a basement/attic? and they tend to live behind stuff that doesn't get cleaned often like behind and underneath bookshelves and the like they seem to like dark and dusty places, just actually now read the link and I never thought of laying out sticky traps.

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

no basement or attic, live in an apartment, and sticky traps won't work, i have a cat -.-" like i mentioned, behind EVERYTHING i looked T_T

i know that! that's why i moved everything! and with white carpet, they stick out like a sore thumb!

7. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Could they kill your cat?
    Do spiders bite animals? Ive never heard of it.

8. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

DEAR GOD move.

MOVE IMMEDIATELY.

9. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

ya

I KNOW RIGHT!

10. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Well there goes my ideal of bombing the place...is it a duplex or what?

11. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

if you live in an apartment it's your landlord's responsibility to get rid of those things, dude. Look into tenant laws where you live and also, as your first post says, any "exterminator" that won't work because you won't do HIS job and actually find the things needs to look into another line of work.

Seriously, what YOU need to do is contact your landlord, HE needs to contact a COMPETENT exterminator and that's that. I don't think you can legally withhold rent, but there are other measures you can take if your building isn't taking care of business.

12. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Does the apartment have like managers or whatever office, tell the landlord or whoever is in charge of the building about the brown recluse spiders you've been killing

13. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

found THIS

http://www.brown-recluse.com/traps.html

Glue traps, supposedly.

They also sell anti-bite kits.

Can't confirm though.

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Ugh!
    I didn't know they were THAT bad!!! D:

15. personuser

They're worse than black widows, and at least BWs are big-ass spiders that are easy to see.

Personally, I think god god drunk one night and created two creatures;

Wasps just to be a dick to humans and bees (they kill bees AND steal their honey, have NO MERCY in killing em)

and brown recluses to f*ck em up and laugh about it.

If you are in an apartment get your landlord off his ass nao or you'll die of a small insect's fear.

16. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

Move out. Thats all i can say.

Either that, or keep the temp real low, like, 40's low.

17. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

WOW...looks like i'm gonna be bitching to the landlord >.>

18. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Ya. I'm pretty sure the brown recluse is the most poisonous spider in the US. I'd pay an exterminator to find the source and kill them. I mean, it's their job to find the source, that's their specialty. Obviously they are migrating indoors to try and keep warm as the temperature has started to drop. So the source may not even be inside your home. You can also get the exterior of your building sprayed with a chemical that kills and/or stops insects and spiders from coming into your home. It lasts for a few months. An exterminator can provide this service as well.

Since you rent, your landlord will likely be responsible for most if not all the cost and labor.

19. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

thing is, the landlord is a fucking asshole that won't do shit >.> just called him about it, he said if we want something done about it, we gotta do i ourselves T_T is there some sort of place similar to the better business bureau we can call about this? had to call them on a place one time >.>

20. personuser

try http://www.shadylandlords.com/