1. This forum is in read-only mode.

British May Face Internet Ban For Illegal Downloads

Discussion in 'General News' started by ultra, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultra

ultra Guest

http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/02/12/british_may_face_internet_ban_for_illegal_downloads/

it's a quick summery of the topic, i'm sure there is a full article of it online somewhere, you just need to google it.

post your comments.

2. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

For all of those out of England (land of truffels and harry potter):
    "Ouch, that gotta hurt"

Hope that it doesn't count for ROM's :s

Anyway, it's ridiculous proposal in my point of view, they don't have the right to.

Thank god I'm Dutch

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

the internet is belong to the public....so how do would you ban the internet? and unless the internet provider is giving thier customer static ip, is kindda impossible to track illegal download, not to mention you need a unit\team large enough to monitor all the download activities of the internet user in england....so its quite impossible to stop or ban illegal download....to me its would be a better option to kill the source\web server of those illegal download.

4. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Tell that to America. I think the FBI or some security agency is forever monitoring the internet and stuff. Im not sure it's illegal downloads but I think it's mainly to track terrorist and stuff. And it's quite possible the minute you do something illegal over the internet, they can track down your location and bust you under 5 minutes. But that is of course for serious stuff. Just saying it's quite possible.

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

I doubt the FBI is that free or there is any security agency that free...i mean monitoring all the internet activivtes 24\7

but it always intrest me no how those people able to monitor the internet....i mean how would you define the content of illegal download? packet shifting? relay every download back to for analyze?

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The NSA monitor all the electronic communication in the world, supposidly to prevent terrorist attacks against America, but they are suspected of passing industrial secrets 'overheard' from foreign companies to American rivals. The project is codenamed ECHELON and as far as I'm aware, the American government/military still deny it's existence, when it is widespread knowledge.

7. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

They're just trying to scare people off. Piracy has existed way before the internet (remember copying tapes?) and will continue to exist, with or without illegal downloads.

8. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

LOL !!!

Banning Internet in britain. Do you have any idea how stupid and how much trouble there is going to be in britain because of it ?

i can almost garantee that banning britain from internet will not happen

9. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

That website is bullsh*t, another article- Russia spamming superpower, it's not got sufficient evidence either, rumours and bullsh*t stirred in a pot. If the government did do that then there would be riots eventually! No chance!

10. HumrH360

HumrH360 Well-Known Member

Sheesh, and they're always trash-talking America for doing dumb things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.