1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Britain's 2010 Elections

Discussion in 'General News' started by Adnan1992, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

i hesitate TOO much :D

think i got a about a 60% chance of passing

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

my cousin got failed for that.

3. A-Team

A-Team Well-Known Member

this is about the election not driving tests lol. I just voted for lib dems.

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

if your gonna vote for one of the big three i suppose their the best

5. A-Team

A-Team Well-Known Member

No one voted for gordon brown, hes had his fun and should get lost.

David cameron, i cant see him being prime minister.

Nick Clegg explained where cuts would be and wouldn't be made, and with the lack of honesty that we've seen recently in politics a little explanation is welcome. But saying that, there was no other way he could have played it.

Anyone else vote lib dem?

6. msg2009

my guess is conservatives are going to get in :(

7. A-Team

A-Team Well-Known Member

I say hung parliament. Question: who will be prime minister in a hung parliament?

8. msg2009

hmmm interesting on the BNP website: http://bnp.org.uk/

A message from Simon Bennett due to the volume of phone calls and emails I am receiving:

This website and domain are no longer in my control. I have not sabotaged it. The domain name has been pointing to the new BNP server since last night (5th May) which is completely out of my hands. If your Emails are affected, again this is completely out of my hands and control.

If you are reading this message it is because they have set up their server incorrectly and this needs to be resolved by the new webmaster.

It is important to note that I have been working hard to negotiate a seamless switchover of the website, but for reasons unknown to me the leadership have chosen to force the domain from me, steal my work, data and systems and go it alone rather than paying for it. I will continue to work hard to try and resolve the situation quickly, professionally and amicably. This is in the hands of Nick Griffin and Jim Dowson, not me.

It should also be noted that they have decided to put a personal grudge against me before the interests of the party and its members. This was not a fight of my choosing.

9. Loonylion

it depends. In theory its the leader of the party with the most seats, but the other parties constituting the hung parliament get some say in the matter.

10. A-Team

A-Team Well-Known Member

i'm only 18 so dont know much about it but is that why lib dems have been asked to join with another party to get a majority? Then they choose the PM within that new party?

11. msg2009

clear win for the BNP ;)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/england/8663681.stm

12. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

Yep, to my surprise, i wanted nick clegg
    but there were problems with polling stations which were just downright stupid.

13. Loonylion

wasnt just problems with polling stations, apparently citizens abroad never received their polling cards and neither did members of the armed forces serving abroad.

I also think labour did suspiciously well considering how badly they've been fucking shit up over the last 13 years.

I'll admit I was disappointed, I was hoping labour would drop out of the equation and it would be a conservative-lib dem fight. Just goes to show how unfair our electoral system can be; the lib dems weren't far behind labour in terms of votes for most of the count, but were massively behind in seats.

A-Team, if the lib dems partner with the conservatives they will between them have sufficient seats to hold a ruling majority. if they partner with labour, they will not, as the total seats for labour and lib dems combined is less than the 326 required for a ruling majority.

14. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

I also ROFL'd that nigel farage was back in the news. Bad karma comes after all!

(referring to the comment he made in the EU parliament to Herman van rompuy)

15. Loonylion

That said, I agree completely with what he said; it's perfectly true, even though he should not have said it.

16. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

It was all very boring and mundane. Hopefully Boris will fly to the moon on his bike, things need livened up.

17. A-Team

A-Team Well-Known Member

the way things are looking its very likely cameron will become PM. I hate him, cos he never answers directly. We will stick together in tough times, gordon messed it up, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.