1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Brawl in General

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Bob_Kill123, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Marth and Pit covers the pretty boys.

Hm, Ike's strong, but I find Marth faster to use. But I do use other characters, like Peach and Zelda.

2. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

i don't use characters without a range attack. sure, melee is probably overall stronger but i really don't like getting up close and personal with the target :p

3. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

i'm the opposite.

I love thrashing people up close (it pisses off my opponents) using sonic and falco mostly :)

I hate playing people who solely rely of range to win, thats kind of lame ):

4. rush n kaos

it is really lame, i agree, but i don't usually use only ranged attacks though. they're just there just in case i'm farther away

5. Bob_Kill123

Bob_Kill123 Well-Known Member

running away is an anoying stratagy but very effective if you are skilled enough to pull it of
    but so very few people are that it has become a wimps stratagy for the four player stock battles

ranged atacks are great and i do use them whenever im able but you should not be able to be ranged into submission
    range attacks are supposed to be seemlessly blent into close up beatings
    a lack of a ranged attack is made up for but never replaced

6. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

a great ranged attack is robs spinner, i love using that

7. Bob_Kill123

yeah but its hard to get enough time to fully charge it but other than that it is great

8. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

Its great for times you can't really do anything, just charge up for later

Anyway since I will probably never verse anyone here/online (unless they gonna be bringing their business to the Avcon tourney ;)) I'll tell my fave move

oddly enough it confuses the crap outta people :S
    Basically when the opponent is near an edge (ESSPECIALLY charging something) I use Links midair down-A next to em, they might sheild or something, and thoughI dont hit them the force of the impact causes them to slide hopelessly off the edge

I also love to useROBs side B move, great counter for the slower stronger chars (ike, bowser, etc)

9. Bob_Kill123

yeah toon links down a or links down a has that push but i dont play as eather so i never would have seen that move comming

10. nejcgx

nejcgx Well-Known Member

I think that the best of all actually is Toon Link. <3

11. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

agreed

12. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

toon links my fave, he has a nice variety of moves.

these past few days (visiting my younger brothers during easter) iv'e been playing this almost non stop, they were amazed when i completed the last event mach on hard XD

13. dragomasta

dragomasta Member

Jigglypuff kicks butt if you know how to use em.

14. rush n kaos

yes she does. but unfortunately generally she's a bit... under in terms of overall hitting. still annoying to face though

15. Bob_Kill123

there are no bad charecters even those in the lowest tear are good if used correctly

16. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

Jigglypuff got nerfed along with kirby >.<

The pink puffs were invincible in Melee

17. Bob_Kill123

dude thats pretty false
    Kirby got improved in almost every category the only reason he isnt amazing is because everybody else got an upgrade too so he is about where he was in mele
    jiggly puff might have go down a bit but if you know what your doing it shouldn't matter

18. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

you have to be so close to your opponent to even hit with jigglypuff

i hate it :p

19. MagicalGirl24

MagicalGirl24 Member

I know! To me the hardest characters to master are the crapy ones like jigglypuff,peach,and possible sonic.

20. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Aren't characters all the same?
    you could easily play with random and still win (with a bit of luck)