1. This forum is in read-only mode.

borat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by desi1368, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Sacha Baron Cohen IS a good actor, actually a very good actor. Only a good actor can make a believable accent, stay in character for long amounts of time, and actually fool people that he is that character, there's a lot more but these apply to Sacha.

2. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

i didn't like him in Sweeney Todd

i should have said, I don't like him as an actor...and in my opinion he pretty much plays the same role over and over again...i know a lot of actors do that but i just happen to not like the weird guy with a weird accent role.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

he's a comedian, which is slightly different to a standard actor playing a role.

4. GlidingGoose

GlidingGoose Well-Known Member

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

U do know that borat's friend in the naked scene "Asamat" is an actor? You can KIND OF tell...An the bear bit, he didnt mean for people to believe it... ::)

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Well the guy I was responding to believed all of it was real.

6. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

LOL Borat is a hilarious movie. It's demented and demeaning but hilarious.

Sacha Cohen is so good. He is able to get into character and was able to make his acting so believable a lot of people actually thought he was a naive, sex-driven and psychotic person.

7. GlidingGoose

It wouldent be Borat, without the real Borat!

NO, now we are talking about a movie called:

Borat Movie
    It would fall perfectly with: Disaster Movie, Epic Movie...and we all know about them

KEEP THE ACTORS! KEEP THE SCRIPT! KEEP AN AWESOME MOVIE

8. musiclegend14

If anyone else was cast as Borat would you consider them the real Borat...anyone could have played the part and they would be considered the "real" Borat

Those movies aren't much worse than Borat to me, but its all personal opinion and sense of humor

9. Loonylion

No, Borat is baron cohen's creation. it wouldnt be the same if someone else had been cast.

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

First, just no. That's like having the Blues Brothers, or Naked Gun, or Wayne's World without the actors who where on the TV show (John Belushi, Dan Akroyd, Leslie Nielson, Mike Meyers, Dana Carvey).

And noooooooooooo. Disaster Movie + Epic Movie are films that have a super low budget, horrible actors, horrible writing, horrible jokes and just flat out suck on about every level. Only the worst of the worst are on the same level. Even if you don't like Borat, it isn't the worst movie ever. Like I HATE Transformers, and Star Trek, but they aren't the worst movies.

11. musiclegend14

i meant if it were written and created by someone else...it was just some speculation

12. Loonylion

if they could play the character as convincingly, yes.

13. musiclegend14

borat just kind of grossed me out haha

14. GlidingGoose

I agree with your first thing about the "Real" Borat, such as Will Smith was gonna play Neo in the matrix and everyone goes "Reeves is way better" But keanu reeves would seem weird if he was cast.

But what I'm saying is that Sasha Baron Cohen created Borat so it would seem fitting that he played him.

I could say that about any movie

15. dhanash

dhanash Well-Known Member

yea, it was funny though

16. musiclegend14

yeah, the smith/reeves example explains what i meant better

17. GlidingGoose

YAY!

Now I'm only on the "I HATE YOU" lists of apparently everyone on the Best Movie Forum!

18. musiclegend14

haha i saw that, apparently your opinions are wrong = p

19. GlidingGoose

Yeah..apperently im the grinch!

20. musiclegend14

well this is off topic...so back on topic...The grinch and borat are both very harry people!