1. This forum is in read-only mode.

borat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by desi1368, Jul 5, 2009.

1. dhanash

dhanash Well-Known Member

i dont like either of them

2. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

Borat was the funniest movie I ever watched!!

Until I watched it again.

3. dhanash

dhanash Well-Known Member

no it wasnt, it was just stupid, in my opinion that is

4. targis34

targis34 New Member

Just came back from watching Bruno...
    This guy is sheer comic genious.

What he does to a straight guy, with a straight face is mucho hilarious.

Is a must see

T

5. GlidingGoose

GlidingGoose Well-Known Member

It was ok...U gotta admit, Sasha Baron Cohen is pretty brave.

6. xkoolguy90x

xkoolguy90x Well-Known Member

i found borat very funny. not only for the crazy stuff he pulls off (which they wernt staged. its all done by him and peoples reactions) but also because it makes fun of americans. borat is an immagrant who needs help with the american way of life. he goes to professionals and wants to know things. not even they can help him. so it shows that americans cant handle people from other places on earth.

bruno is a fashion star and such who wants to be famous in america. hes also gay, as we all know, so he will do what comes to instinct. its also about peoples reactions and such. none of it was staged. even ron paul was freaked the hell out. he said he was "gayer then the very clothes he had on" which was a tight leather vest and leather speedos, i think they were speedos, which were a pink colour or something.

you need a sence of humour and you need to understand the character. also you need to like sexual humour and such to watch bruno especially. that movie has sexual humour all over it. just open up to what you hide from and you will like the movie.

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Some of Borat and Bruno is staged, the Pamela Anderson kidnapping was and the eminem part in Bruno (is that in the movie? I can't watch it yet since it's not in the theatres where I live yet).

Oh, the hotel scene where they fought naked is staged and so is the part with the ice cream truck has a bear in it and the kids go to it.

8. xkoolguy90x

xkoolguy90x Well-Known Member

well those are extremes so yea they had to be staged. but if i remember correctly pamela really didnt know anything. so that part musnt have been staged. no one can talk to bears so that had to be done a few times lol.

but bruno didnt have an eminem in it. your probably talking about the awards thing. yea bruno was in a bird costume and fell on eminem. it looked like the 69 position and he mustve been very mad after that. there goes some of his rep out the window, onto the multiple corpses of hollywood. almost all the celebs have lost their reps because of sheer and pure stupidity. bruno and borat are geniouses though lol

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No they knew what was going to happen, Pam Anderson was sworn to secrecy about it, she was in on it. Because kidnapping or attempting to, is NOT illegal.

10. GlidingGoose

GlidingGoose Well-Known Member

~~~~~~~~~VERDICT~~~~~~~~~~~

I liked borat more because he was innocent, and a foreiner.

Bruno knows what he is doing.

Bort was funny coz he was innocent and had funny customs and he made all his moves awkward!

Borat vs Bruno
    Borat wins

11. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

12. ICE-X

ICE-X Well-Known Member

The storyline of both is the about the same, immigrant goes to America, funny things happen, assistant leaves main character, assistant makes up with main character and everything is fine. Some parts of Bruno was funny...a lot of it was awkward though, my mom took me so that could have made it feel awkward.

13. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

agreed. borat and bruno both sucked.

14. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Borat movie was a good movie in my view. It was funny and also educational. Well, my favorite part was when he was having dinner with the Southern folks then he did shits like placing his shit in the paper bag and bringing a whore. and not just a normal whore, a fat, black whore, which is really funny because its a conservative, white, southern social group. can't believe they didnt invite Col. Sanders.

and Pamela anderson, being kidnap by borat, and how he found out that pamela is not a virgin. excellent.

15. musiclegend14

i just think Sasha Baron Cohen ruined them for me now that i think back on it. I really can't stand any part of him and his acting, he just annoys me. So maybe if it was another actor playing borat with a less annoy voice i would have enjoyed it more

16. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Zac Effron?

17. musiclegend14

hahaha!

yeah replace Sasha with Zac...the fat dude with Nick Jonas and Pamela Anderson with Jessica Simpson.

now were talking about a good movie

18. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

yeah and they'll have to sing everything with a perfect but quite lame choregraphy

19. musiclegend14

with their fabulous outfits with the pretty, oh so pretty sparkles on them

20. umarmalik25

umarmalik25 Member

sparkly outfits? o_O

anyways, I think Sasha Baron Cohen is actually a pretty good actor. Anybody else notice the terrific job he did in Sweeney Todd?