1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Bon Apetite!! The taste of things to come!! BLEH!! :P

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Jan 3, 2008.

1. manjithxxx

manjithxxx Well-Known Member

I especially hate snakes and cat meat.

2. duderedux

duderedux Well-Known Member

Mr. veloza I'm here now in Cebu, and noone knows or has heard of most of these foods you're talking about. Did you just make em up (this balut)?

My contribution to gross foods would be Soondae, Korean blood(and who knows what)sausage.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Where did you ask around? At a hotel? You should go look around on the busy main streets or near the park area.

As for Azucena or cooked dog meat, you can't generally ask for that because the tree hugging hippies in Senate made it illegal.

And how could you acuse me of making up things about foods I do eat on a daily basis :p

Here's a wikipedia link for some of them:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Manila -> look further down the page on the "Eat" section.

And here's another, this one specifically tackling Filipino cuisine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipino_cuisine

4. duderedux

Around the beach. And I took a walking tour. The closest thing to street food ive seen here are carts with some thick chocolate soup, with some sort of churrro(in no way weird).

also,geez,im not calling you out, why so angry.

5. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

rocky mountain oysters.....arent that bad till you find out what they are

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

No wonder you couldn't find any of the foods I enumerated, you went to a tourist destination area :D

As I said you can only find such foods on the more busy areas of any city in the country. Add to that your being a tourist, some tour guides are often very reluctant to bring tourists to places where such foods maybe found because one, they fear for your safety, you might get mugged or harassed by local assholes. And two, based on experience, some tourists get disgusted with exotic food so to avoid embarassment they opt to not take you to such places.

And well yeah at first I got pissed at what you said, & if you read the post in its original state I was actually ranting, but I edited it to tone down my aggression & added those Wikipedia links so you can tell that I wasn't making things up. If you really want to experience some of these street foods, try contacting me if you're ever on Manila, I'll personally guide you on an exotic food trip. Of course you'll have to provide the car because I can't drive :(

7. duderedux

I asked some other people, they say that there's a huge difference between Luzon food and Cebuano food.

Methinks they don't like Luzoners(is this right) much.

I'll be here till military excercises are over so i'll have a lot of time to explore.

8. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

yep luzon and cebu are pretty much different and cebuanos have a bit of hatred towards luzon a bit though its not really a big deal, they don't really like to speak Filipino because it is based of on tagalog and it comes from Luzon and etc. The hate goes way back to spanish colonial times so w/e :))

Cebuano food is good as well Cebuanos make the best lechon in my opinion but I don't know what weird stuff they have

I'm a flip too so i verify that the food he mentioned does exist so yeah :p

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Good food suggestions in Cebu:

1. Danggit - It's a type of dried fish particular to the place, not really weird or disgusting.

2. Dried Mangoes - kinda like a candy

3. Durian Candy - it's nope smelly as it's already processed, really tasty.

4. Dried squid - Cebu is one of the Islands that hosts really big squid products & dried squid is one of them. This things are really big, the tentacles alone reach almost 9 - 10 inches, very delicious.

So are you one of those foreign soldiers doing military exercises in the Visayas regions?

10. duderedux

My dad is.

I go to school here. film school.

Nothing weird or disgusting about dried fish of any kind though. It's probably the most common thing here in asia.

11. head635

head635 Well-Known Member

Well the most disgusting food we have hear is this :

[​IMG]

its a Dabb ((uromastyx)) after cocking it looks something like this ( I've been told ) didn't see one didn't try one and I DONT want to eat one

[​IMG]

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

We also have that here, not exactly Iguana meat, but monitor lizard.

13. HumrH360

HumrH360 Well-Known Member

For me, it's the school spinach. For Christ's sake, IT LOOKS LIKE BABY VOMIT!!!

14. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

lizards taste like chicken but have a more leathery texture

15. nimishtoory

nimishtoory Guest

i already eaten a cattapilar that were in my soup

16. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

For me, An Ant omellete in ilocos( province in the phillipines), complete withe the eggs and the queen, yum!
    order that with freshly fried boiled red ants that they sting yore mouth even after there death. Oh, and don't forget the fried farm rat that farmers catch in their fields. A what a life.

17. i ate fried frog before, tastes like chicken.

18. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

ive eat raw meat out of curiosity and by watching a program in discovery channel named man vs wild 3(i love it!)
    and the raw chicken dont even taste like chicken!

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you were lucky, raw chicken can be toxic.

20. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

Taste like watery aye? I tasted raw frogs, what a gastronomy!