1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Blu-Rayed 360s possible

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by kanwarrulz_123, Jan 19, 2008.

1. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

hd has nothing to do with hddvd. the hd, high resolution, is a resolution type, 1080 pixels. the hddvd is a disc, which can support high definition, as the blu ray does.

2. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

go to the back of the class!!!!! HD mean high definition BLU-RAY IS HD and it does it better then hddvd as all hddvd is is a gloriphied dvd.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

yeah i know, but if you talk about formats then HD is different to bluray. but shit its 1:30am so im too tired to think.

4. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

of course it is, hd is a resolution, as i've said, and blu ray is a disc.

5. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

and as i said. man you are dim

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Damn, that's not good. I go to Nelson College in NZ and most of my teachers know I can't write much complex stuff so yeah eventually I will have to write my own.

7. SONY should try to keep blu ray playstation platform only ;)
    They've already lost GTA, and cant afford to lose much more, blu ray will make or break the SONY ps3

8. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ no the processing power of the PS3 is considerably higher than anything else. The bluray just allows more to be jammed on the disk (which is still a fairly big advantage).

9. no sh*t sherlock, with the bonus capacity and higher speed, we better start seeing some great games soon, because some of us had such high hopes for the ps3...:'(

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the more powerful the system, the longer it takes developers to learn it and to unleash its potential. True story.

11. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Thats not a good thing....
    By the time this potential is "unleashed", industry may have moved on...
    Whether it be with new technology or the users wanting something different...
    The PS3, in my opinion is destined to fail....
    A year on and we still haven't seen anything worth talking about

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

regardless of whether it is a good thing or not, it is a fact, the more technology moves on, the more it takes to understand it, and yes, that may mean some people get left behind. My first year in networking school (last year) we learned about thick and thin ethernet, and 10BaseT over co-axial cable. None of those are used anymore, and haven't been for about 10 years at least. But we're learning them because Cisco haven't yet updated the course materials, partly because some of their academy instructors object to frequent updates!

13. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ lol thats BS, I didnt know networking had a history component :p

The PS3 still outshines the 360 in some area's and with KZ2 and MGS4 i dont know what your complaining about. And so what if technology moves on, its likely that this will cause a drop in price for the PS3, and with the developers given that time who would complain about a cheaper console with more powerful games...?

Just be patient theres really nothing you can do, complaining wont get anything done lol.

on an off topic note.... Has Rock Band for 360 been released in the US/UK? we dont even have a release date here and I want it! im sick of the missus pawning me in GH lol