1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Blu-Rayed 360s possible

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by kanwarrulz_123, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Im a huge sony fan too, I still intend to get my PS3 but im surely warming up to my new 360. Im not sure about this bluray add on, but it might be something worth looking into if thats the way the future is going. And vincent bloody link your sources! plagiarism (taking something from a source and taking credit for yourself instead of linking to the origional info) is illegal and can be punnishable by a $2000 fine.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Plagiarism is something I do alot when taking info from a site. I can't be bothered editing it to put into my school assignments.

3. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

lol wait till you get to tech or uni, everything has to be referenced in a certian way or your work wont even be accepted.

and @ vincent: yeah it is easier to read from the topic but you still need to link to the origional work to give credit to the origional source. But of cource you get credit here for bringing it to us first.

5. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Sorry for that ...friend ;D

6. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

no need to be sorry, was just letting you know that all :p wasnt picking on ya.

7. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

anything is hd as long as it supports the 1080 pixels resolution. it can't be less or more hd. as the ps3 and xbox 360 both support the 1080 pixels resolution, they're both hd, the ps3 hasn't got ''more hd'' than the xbox 360.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

720 is also considered HD, and your statement is not completely true, my laptop does 1080 and its not HD.

9. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

and that's what not true hd is. but the xbox 360 supports the same max resolution as the ps3, ie 1080 pixels.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the original Xbox 360 did not support 1080, hence not 'true HD', M$ later released an upgraded version with full HD support.

11. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ so thats what defines HD? if that was true then my laptop which supports 1080 could play an HDDVD which it cant. This wasnt going on about supporting HD per say, it was about supporting HDDVD and BluRay.

wow i just lost myself

12. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i'm not a ps3 fan boy. i don't have one and may never will. i just know my systems. i don't care about what is happening now, i want to see it in a few years time thats when it will be good. why are people so damn stupid being brainwashed by microsoft. here it is i'll tell you again you may not get it but try.
    xbox=dual layer(not hd)=around 9gb of data space
    ps3=blu-ray (HD) = 25gb single 50gb dual
    see when games are made all the little bits of the game take up space on the disc thats why you get realy good graphics but a very short game or a huge game with poor graphics. the 360's dual layer DVD's (remember the ps2 was already capable of that) are already full which is how i know altho they're good now its got no future as ps3 with blu-ray and pc with harddrives and reading from compressed files have all that space to play with.
    you say developer are at xbox's feet well if they are they won't be for long.
    i'm no fanboy of anything i'm not an idiot (apart from pc), no console is better then any other its the games and gameplay that make it. example the ds and wii can't mach up withany consoles graphics but the play is alot more enjoyable. i don't care for gfx that much anyway i'm used to it i grew up with a megadrive, its gameplay i care about.

and just to add another reason i don't like 360. for it to work with out breaking it needs to be opened up have the mainboard raised and heat sinks added as it gets to hot and the board bends causing it to not turn on. and the fan needs to be upgraded and you have to pay for online play that every one else gives out for free.
    don't get me wrong i'm not a hater i'd have one if i modded one but its just not worth my money i'd rather put it on my pc which is alrady pumping out games that put 360 and ps3 to shame. and does a hole lot more to.

13. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

your laptop supports the 1080 pixels resolution, but if you don't have a hddvd driver installed, then don't hope hddvd works on your laptop.

i know the ps2 doesn't heat up too much, but when i want to play, i usually take out the plastic case involving the ps2 and have the inner metallic parts on my knees. what's true is i already broke some 5-6 games this way.

14. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ that was exactly my point lol thanks. The 360 is not true HD if it doesnt have a HDDVD drive. just like the PS3 is not true HD because it doesnt have a HDDVD drive. Its like saying that the 360 is bluray because it can currently support it, however its not because it doesnt have the means to read it.

15. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

the ps3 is true hd, because it supports the blu ray drives. and the xbox 360 is true hd anyway, in my opinion.

16. equitypetey

BLU-RAY IS HD its better then hddvd as well

and if you got a hd drive put it in an encloser and pluged it in to your laptop you would be able to play hddvd

17. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ so if you put a HDDVD into the PS3 itll play?

18. equitypetey

no they're two totaly differnt medias just like the vhs vs betamax thing along time ago

19. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i wouldn't advise you doing so. i don't know if it'll work, but the ps3 has been made to play blu rays, and that's how cell, the ps3 processor is gonna work.

20. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

which is my point, the PS3 is bluray not HD.