1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Blu-ray or HD-dvd

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by N3M351S, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

My sister leaves CDs lying all over her bedroom floor and then wonders why they don't work. I now refuse to lend her any of mine because ive had several given back wrecked.

2. N3M351S

N3M351S Well-Known Member

maybe so, but I reckon Hd-dvd will be the superior brand in the long-run due to its cheaper price tags. By the way Microsoft are backing HD, now thats looking promising!

3. Loonylion

hardly, microsoft have no experience of storage devices whatsoever; they are a software company. Sony, on the other hand, know what they are doing because they invented 3.5" floppy disks.

4. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i'd prefer paying some more 5 bucks for 10 or 20 more gb...

5. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I'm neutral in the format war. I don't have a HD-DVD player but I do have a PS3 [blu-ray] but I won't lose any sleep if HD-DVD came out on top.

I'm fine with DVD for now especially since I don't have a HDTV.

6. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Really HD-DVD does no good in compare to blu-ray..

7. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

You get a powerful gaming console that works with PS2 and PS1 games, a blu-ray player, a DVD player, a CD player, free online gaming [vs. XBOX Live], built-in wi-fi [vs. XBOX's addon] and a few other things that warrant the price.

8. N3M351S

The reality is HD-DVD will win the format war, Microsoft will Inject a large sum of money to promote and do various other tasks to make it become the successor!

9. Loonylion

In a perfect world, throwing money at something makes it work. In the real world, it doesnt. Can someone please tell the British government that?

10. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Tell that to George Bush.

11. Loonylion

bush is throwing money at something? I thought he was cutting funding to everything...

12. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Replace money with troops, and replace something with Iraq.

13. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

:D

the part in bold is questionable... the 40gb version has no retro compatibility, and the 80gb version has some problems with it...

14. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

neither :D

DVD is still good.

15. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

it do is good, but it is becoming smaller for todays requests... but personally, i love dvd's...

16. N3M351S

HD-DVD = 10/10

Blu-Ray = 9/10

17. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Code:
    the two only big differences between the hd dvd and the blu ray are the name and the space they can hold, and blu ray can hold a lot more, so, why hd dvd??...

18. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Because HD-DVD is cheaper to make and the players are cheaper.

19. N3M351S

correct! why go for blu-ray, when Hd-dvd is cheaper? as for the space, who cares if blu-ray has more space. not much in it

20. Loonylion

more space == better quality content. Also, theres a saying, 'those who judge solely on price get what they deserve' i.e if you go for something because its cheaper, you'll probably wish you didn't

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.