1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Bleach Vs Naruto ? Which is better?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by majinwayne, Apr 4, 2010.

1. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Hey, ya know grammar is cool too.

2. sher004

sher004 New Member

Both are good... And they have different concepts in story...

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Not a lot.

The good ones.

Pretty shallow in concept and story if you ask me.
    I mean, I can guess what's coming next.
    I like anime where I can't predict what's coming next.

4. CrashmanX

I must say I couldnt agree more, you also have some great choices in anime, some of my favorites.

5. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

I love Bleach and Naruto, They are my 2nd and 3rd favourite animes. My favourite is Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Lots of character development, cool battles and funny characters. Only problem is, Reborn filler is so awesome that you will end up liking the filler over the main story.

6. darknova91230

darknova91230 Active Member

The good kind! ( lol )

Anywho, I think that Naruto is better at a few things and bleach is better at other things. I like naruto because there seems to be a bit more fighting in it, but bleach has more of a focused story line to me, where naruto is more like " Ok, lets go to the bridge, great, we have to take an old guy with us, bridge?Oh no theres ninjas, now lets go to the brigde, oh no, more ninjas, brigde yet? Oh no even more ninjas. Finally bridge, Oh no, she male."

All in all, I think Im going to have to say Bleach :-X

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more with myself either. :)

I can't stand Bleach and Naruto the same...

I would personally enjoy watching Hamtaro over Bleach or Naruto.

8. haxi

haxi New Member

Bleach was once good...I dunno how it's now because the fillers annoyed me so much that I stopped watching... And after a while it was just action and the story line started to suck. Tite Kubo broke my heart

But Naruto is pretty good, too...it's more consistent, but the revelations about Itachi, after he fights Sasuke, really fucked up my expectations

Well, some good animes you could watch are Evangelion, One Piece (the manga is better than the anime, lol), Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing... There's a funny manga series called School Rumble, I recommend that too.

9. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Hell yeah, Hamtaro all the way

10. neo_itachi

neo_itachi Member

naaaah naruto all the way *looks at name and avatar*

11. CrashmanX

FUCK YEA HAMTARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, nice Kamen Rider Siggy. Kugga and G3 are pretty beastly.

12. DECADE5

DECADE5 Well-Known Member

Same here. Explosions are fun.

13. PuffyChain

PuffyChain Well-Known Member

i can't decide this since Naruto and Bleach is my fav anime...

14. CrashmanX

Go to Hulu, watch just about any anime on there that ISNT Naruto, Bleach, or Macross. Then come back and tell me those are still your favorites. You'll quickly learn that just because it has a Fuck ton of episodes and is English dubbed, its not great.

15. Toshiro18

Toshiro18 New Member

This is funny but you can't be more wrong lmao. There will be a part 2 aswell.

His character is not an agglomeration of one-dimensional tropes like eating or violent troublemaking for fun, therefore, for /a/, he will forever be void of "personality". Those tropes are the only things that a/ can define a "personality" through (moe isn't really deeper than that). That is actually what /a/ thinks that a "personality" is. Thanks to the horrific dumbfuckening of the shonen standard by DBZ, anything more complex is above the reading comprehension now.
    That being said, Ichigo is a good character, but that will never be comprehended here.
    Most likely because the only people who are unaware of it and are lso willing to ague about it are the Narutards.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not worlds apart yet, like how it will be in the Fake Karakura Town war, but we are getting there.
    [​IMG]

16. Toshiro18

Toshiro18 New Member

Part 2

However, what comes immediately after that is the climax of his Hollow power plotline. His fears coming true, he loses control entirely and awakens to the notion that he killed and mutilated an enemy and he wounded one of his own friends.
    [​IMG]

Upon this, he loses his shit so much, he does this to try and save the last drips of his dignity. Of course, Ulquiorra dies. This is Ichigo's first kill in the series, which is a "didn't go as planned" moment for him, and also his moment of awakening to the fact that his enemies kinda die if he kills them. Compare it to this moment:
    [​IMG]
    The two fights are parallel to each other, but with different outcomes. In Byakuya's case, he could play the hero role that changes the big boss, but in the case of Ulquiorra it went horribly wrong.
    [​IMG]

This makes Ichigo gloomy, which is understandable again. Rukia narrates this in Eyes of the Victor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But he doesn't lose himself over it. It just changes him.
    [​IMG]

This is Ichigo narrating Yammy's absence of reaction to the Espada dying, and Inoue feeling bad for Ulquiorra. It shows the Hollow-Human difference.
    [​IMG]

This is Byakuya believing in Ichigo.
    [​IMG]

And the next page is Ichigo, for the FIRST time in the series, using the word "korose" (to kill) instead of "taose" (to defeat) when talking about his enemy.
    Errata: It seems that this might be wrong. In volume raw scans he uses "taose". Some claim he used "korose" in magazine, but we're still looking for proof.

This is the next milestone.
    And now compare Ichigo to his old self.
    [​IMG]
    and compare the two again.
    This is the first point in the story where Ichigo shows signs of growing out of his initial teenage personality issues. Aizen starts talking shit about the hated and everything that Hollows were talking about too, but by this point Ichigo doesn�t listen anymore.
    [​IMG]

Accordingly to his character growth, the Gotei 13 Captains acknowledge Ichigo. This is the point which could be used as a reference to the events in the Fullbring Arc where they state that Ichigo changed their viewpoint on the whole Substitute Shinigami business. By this point, Ichigo is fighting for Soul Society as much as for Karakura.
    [​IMG]

He is literally stated to be Captain material here, compared to Aizen who is not.
    [​IMG]

As an intermission, Aizen here entirely destroys Ichigo's perception of life so far.
    [​IMG]

Shortly after that, Isshin shocks him by appearing as a Shinigami.
    [​IMG]

I would call the whole Aizen business bad writing, and it also reeks of several levels of retcon, but I give Kubo the credit for making Ichigo deal with this shit accordingly to the person who he has become,
    [​IMG]

and incidentally writing the most mature moment of the character in the entire series so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Toshiro18

Toshiro18 New Member

And part 3

After this graduation to an entirely new character tier, Kubo gives Ichigo new qualities, like being able to read the "hearts" of his enemies. This power of comprehension is not entirely new as he was always like this, but this is the first point in the series where he uses it consciously. It returns in the Fullbring Arc too.
    [​IMG]

He also predicts that Aizen will kill Gin. Ichigo's reaction to his death in the end is magnificent.
    [​IMG]

The scene where Ichigo completely ignores Aizen and looks at the lying Gin. Everything is there, sadness, understanding, "I called it".
    [​IMG]

This is art.
    Not the art itself, but how the scene is constructed, how it was built up, and how it was executed in the end.
    This is ten times the information that is exchanged between two characters through any ammount of dialogue in any manga, and without any dialogue at all.
    It does not require dialogue. We know what both of them are thinking.
    [​IMG]

After this is the defeat of Aizen, and we all know how this ended. Ichigo's melancholy is because he decided to sacrifice all his powers to save everyone. Ichigo's entire character revolved around getting power. His goal before becoming a Shinigami was to gain power. Some could call this a karmic test, and he fucking passed it.
    [​IMG]

Then he meets up with his friends and says goodbye to Rukia. This is a completely different character than the one from the beginning. Looks different, acts different, is different. There is benevolence in his eyes instead of punkish behavior. And with this growth, we move on to the Fullbring Arc.
    [​IMG]

The Fullbring Arc is pretty straightforward and Ichigo does not change in it that much, but his character is trialed through the entirety of the arc. This arc is not here to develop him, but to establish his new character which he gained through the manga so far. That is why Kubo set it as a reboot arc.
    As you all should have read that in the interview regarding the final arc (Yeah, I know some of you haven't, that's why I'm saying it) Kubo planned the Fullbring Arc and the Thousand-Year Blood War Arc somewhere in the middle of the Arrancar Arc. It was intentional.
    [​IMG]

What we do see is Ichigo being more genre savvy, which is funny.
    [​IMG]

Awareness of his own character.
    [​IMG]

And the ability to plan more steps forward in a battle, effectively trolling the enemy.
    You gotta thank Aizen for that I guess.
    [​IMG]

Here he shows signs of seeing into the heart of Ginjou, or rather not being able to, effectively foreshadowing Ginjou's turn.
    [​IMG]

I would not call this character developement, because I think this character developement happened here:
    [​IMG]
    But it certainly reestablishes this nature of Ichigo.
    [​IMG]

Then he is trolled to death, his whole world collapses...
    [​IMG]

And from the depths of despair he is pulled out by SS. It is worth mentioning that in Nestle to Night it is mentioned that when Renji asks the 4th division guys to take away Ichigo after he collapses from his power loss, he says "Take care of that man! He is the hero of Soul Society!" And the narration says something like "and the name of the hero spread fast among the Shinigami." Ichigo at this point, is a fucking legend in SS.
    [​IMG]

He is an acknowledged fighter and an acknowledged hero, and he fucking earned every single inch of it.
    [​IMG]

Which is described by this moment beautifully.
    [​IMG]

And this is how this kid:
    [​IMG]
    who didn't want to save anyone but who was near him, turns into the Hero of Soul Society who doesn't stand back not even after he is told manipulative things about SS. So he does have alot of character development and thats not even including the thousand year blood war arc. His character development is alot more mature and realistic than narutos. Ichigo never changes his outward look on life that much but his inner feelings and this is revealed when he pushed to his limit. Great job misrepresenting ichigo and bleach dipshit.

18. Toshiro18

Toshiro18 New Member

Now to respond to everything else, so you're wrong about the character development, the story progression is absolutely fine, its abit generic sometimes and ichigos reason for going to los noches was just like his reason for going to ss but its achieved well and executed fine untill the very end of the aizen arc where he does pull somewhat of a dues ex machina with final getsuga tensho but atleast its no fucking kaguya lmao who was immediately thrown into the series while the final getsuga tensho was atleast mentioned a few episodes before and wtf are you talking about, it stays consistent with its own cannon all the time, there are no plotholes just loose threads unlike naruto, like when and how does sasuke learn to summon hawks, why wasnt naruto put up for adoption, sakuras genjutsu is never explained, why didn't orochimaru go after the shinigami release mask, how did rock lee pass the exam lmao, why tf does kakashi have a susanoo after getting obitos mangekyo when obito himself doesnt have it lmao, why didn't danzo make his move after the 3rd hokage died and an unanswered question is the akatsuki ring? Whats there relavence and deal? you are just shit talking bleach and summarising plot points incorrectly to make it seem like the narrative is bad when you yourself are not representing it correctly, you are essentially strawmanning bleach lmao. This comment is pretty fucking stupid. But it's kinda funny. Also i dont think you have watched bleach because alot of what you said pertaining tp the story is wrong.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  19. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

Besides your dedicated bleach post this is one hell of a time bump,from 2010 to 2018