1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Black friday!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ir4, Nov 23, 2009.

1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

perhaps?

2. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

the answer is very simple...

llɐ ʇɐ ʇou ˙˙ou

3. ImLeelorp

ImLeelorp Guest

sooo, canada fails and i must move to US?

4. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

only if you want to go shop black friday so badly..

5. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

ok why the hell does Canada doesn't have Black Friday?

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

the canadian government wants all of the deals for themselves, so they just say they don't have it while they take all of the good deals.........dirty politicians............

7. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

Black Friday is the Friday right after American Thanksgiving. Canadian Thanksgiving is in early October. This is the unofficial start of the Christmas shopping season. The sales generated will put the stores in the black (make a profit) and out of the red from the rest of the year.
    If you are in Canada, you can comparison big ticket items from Best Buy, Future Shop, etc against what's on sale in the US. Not worth it because of the time to drive, stuck at customs, cranky kids, wait in line in freezing cold, get trampled on, have to buy food to eat, conversion from CDN to US.

I posted that I could get a DSL for 89.99 on Saturday, and there is a $5 or $10 coupon inside specially marked boxes of Kellogg's cereal for any Nintendo product. Makes it a lot better deal than the US Walmart for $98.

8. smashbrosmk

smashbrosmk Well-Known Member

And so on Black Friday there will be chaos and destruction. I'd like to wish my good friend nhi_po on her quest for sales on this day. Good luck my friend and punch one person for me!

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

wat

Also I spotted an ad in the Edmonton paper that had Black Friday going on, strange.

10. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Seems that Apple are having their own little Black Friday in the UK http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2009/nov/24/apple-black-friday-uk-savings

11. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

T-2 days~!

12. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

Free LEGO Rockband with every $20 purchase at Old Navy. Available in US and Canada for PS3, 360 or Wii.
    http://kotaku.com/5398095/free-lego-rock-band-with-your-performance-fleece

13. smashbrosmk

smashbrosmk Well-Known Member

We're all rooting for you to get those sales, nhi_po!

14. Link287

Link287 Member

I'm probaly going to get a gameboy micro and an dell mini can't wait! im tired of using my gba sp
    and my dinosaur laptop

15. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

aww black friday is awesome... too bad we don't have such thing here...

16. sparxxraps

sparxxraps Well-Known Member

well black friday was rather uneventful at my store this year they said we did roughly eight hundred thousand dollars in sales which is up from five hundred thousand last year no fights or nothin this year.