1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Bizzare & Obscure Anime thread

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, May 14, 2008.

1. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Death Note IMO is not obscure at all. It's too mainstream...
    You want whack anime/manga? Golden Boy. I got sex education from that...

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

By bizzare & obscure I mean Anime whose theme or story revolves around a topic that requires one to stop & think as to what the hell's happening. As I said, have you guys seen La-in or Please save my earth? That last one made my say WTF!? most of the time

3. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

I've heard of them both. I thought Alien 9 was messed up

4. duderedux

duderedux Well-Known Member

Tokyo tribe 2.

Japanese gangstas? Bizzare!

Anyways anyone know where i can get the manga/anime(preferably subbed I miss a lot of inside jokes watching it "raw")?

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Speaking of Bizzare, have you guys noticed how Bizzare the Japanese see what Christmas is all about?

They think it's all just about Christmas trees, Santa Claus & gifts, don't they know we're also celebrating the birth of Christ, in a not exactly the actual date only mandated by the Church way?

6. kanakacheek

Well christmas for people who don't belive in that religion is just an excuse to get presents and party. Basically it's propaganda holiday for most people, just like valentines. Most of the holidays now are all propaganda, companies want to sell, and what better way than using some good reason to make you feel better about spending?

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I don't want to sound offensive or blasphemous, but are you saying that non Judaists (I just can't call them Jews) can celebrate Hanukah because they can profit from it or Rama'dan because it can be used as an excuse to hold holidays or celebrate Chinese Moon Festival & Chinese New Years because it will make them feel good?

You really can't compare/equate Valentine's Day with Christmas, Christmas is a religious thing, while Valentine's Day is just an excuse to "Score", & what's up with the Japanese' White Day, celebrated a week after Valentines, so that the guys who gave girls Valentines can be repayed by the girls with a White Day present, again another reason to "Score". :p

8. duderedux

duderedux Well-Known Member

You got it wrong. On Valentines girls give gifts to guys. On white day it's the guy's turn to give gifts to girls.

But,yeah, these holidays seem empty in Japan. Stuff made up by companies.

Christmas seems like "Clearance sale holiday" in Japan.

You got off topic. So about Tokyo tribe 2? anyone? anyone?

9. kanakacheek

I really enjoy watching Satoshi Kon's works I think his anime is classic
    Although half the time I don't know what he is trying to convey

10. kagedarkmode

kagedarkmode Well-Known Member

Monster was pretty whacked out...

...and has anyone heard of Haruhi?
    "Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu"
    the episodes aren't in chronological order...on purpose!
    You'll be left wondering, "Who's that guy?" or, "What the hell was that!?!!"
    But it's a really great anime and I suppose it's great because the arrangement
    was good...(though not in order)

11. Archeia

Archeia Active Member

Princess Tutu, I swear, it's really bizzare and beautiful, don't get intimidated by the first episodes, I don't usually watch stuff like these but it just came as a shocker. It's a Ballet Show with smooth animation and combined Dark Fairy Tale Stories.

Blame! Really deserves some attention imho. I Read the manga so I'm not sure about the anime but I heard it's good :3

Also, Haruhi Suzumiya pissed me off a lot, apparently, episode 7 (sleeping beauty) was supposed to be the last episode T_T

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex

its really hard to understand what this anime is all about until you find out what does "Stand Alone Complex" means in Wikipedia.

13. kanakacheek

i loved Princess Tutu, of course the surprise halfway through was very shocking at least for me.

Midori (Shoujo Tsubaki), was the most wacked out thing I have seen since EVER!

14. The_Janitor

The_Janitor Member

Bizzare or obscure animes?
    Ping pong club.

Possibly the worst drawn anime of all time, terrible story, but hilarious nonetheless.

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

If it's an anime about "ping pong" or table tennis, then that doesn't belong here.

As I said on my earlier posts, this thread is for Anime that have story plots & theme topics that are hard to follow & understand. Psychological themed Anime fit in here as well & Anime whose theme is about aspects of Japanese culture that sounds hard to understand, like their concept of spirituality & such.

Sports related Anime are to be discussed here:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,7305.0.html

16. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

anybody ever watched higurashi no naku koro ni? cute girls with murderous appetite. no fuss, just deaths.

17. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

you might as well include all "rubbish" animes

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Hentai Anime is a genre all to itself, & because they're not PG-13-ish, talking about them in intricate detail may not be allowed. That's why I didn't start a thread discussion on it.

19. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

i didnt know that
    i think im excused

20. dummyacct7

dummyacct7 Member

NONONONONONONONONO, read the visual novel for this! Seriously, the anime doesn't come close to comparing to the original work. The mood is ruined, the characters are butchered, it's just... no. The show isn't exactly bad, but the novel is just 100 times better. Mirror moon made an English patch for it here http://mirrormoon.org/projects/tsukihime, though you need to get the game itself elsewhere. Not suitable for minors though, I mean, it IS an eroge after all >_> I guess while I'm talking about visual novels, anyone read Planetarian? Best thing I ever read, google it or something if you want something that'll make you cry buckets ^_^