1. This forum is in read-only mode.

best torrent app for windows vista?

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Duncan Idaho, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

umm search bar in utorrent does exactly that?

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

no xtorrent displayed before my eyes a list of what they had on their servers and other sites and all i had to do is click download, utorrent opens a new tab in my web browser to their eninge xtorrent gave me a direct file list, its quite different

3. Epistles

Epistles Member

Oh, sassy.

Here's a little a-b for yourself.
    a) You're a fuckin' grandmother if you pay for operating systems in 2010.
    b) You're absolutely helpless if you think Vista is superior to Windows 7.

4. Joben_

Joben_ Well-Known Member

Vista > Windows 7.

If you disagree, you're obviously in illuminati.

5. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I call bullshit. I think this guy is blinded by piracy. Either way, I'm fine running uTorrent.

6. Duncan Idaho

xtorrent--> utorrent at least all i had to do was click any download i wished from their own incorporated browser, you had xtorrent, google and yahoo results all while you had your web browser closed sadly its shareware, and there is workaround that aint piracy! (simply if you ahve a mac and xtorrent is downloading chose the quit option, but dont click cancel or quit at the window of 'you really want to close xtorrent?' it will freeze the clock leaving you downloads uncapped) utorrent aint as close to that

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

utorrent is freeware

8. Duncan Idaho

the only advantage but as i pointed out xtorrent has a glitch that cannot be removed hence they are on equal grounds

9. Stanley Richards

You know, you asked for the best torrent app for Windows Vista. If you're so hooked on xTorrent, why bother asking in the first place? We try to help by giving you some examples, but you keep going "xTorrent is better" etc. You might as well not ask in the first place.

10. Epistles

Epistles Member

You're just missing subtle humor. ;o

11. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Hey pal, looks like you want a second helping:
    a) Get a job and contribute to society like a responsible citizen
    b) Learn to read, I never said anything about Vista being superior (protip: literacy helps you get jobs!)

12. Stanley Richards

Unfunny humor.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

This.

U torrent has helped me out alot, and pc specs aren't nessercary with torrent programs.

For all we know, like I've seen in emulators, it could be a copy of utorrent with all saftey stops removed meaning a possibley better program that'll crash and burn after some time.

This is opinion, not fact, I care not for facts here since I've never tried xtorrent.

14. Epistles

Epistles Member

a) I'm studying for a degree currently, and was employed full-time beforehand! I respect the environment and donate to charities. So, piss off, you outstanding citizen, you.
    b) Learn to perceive, you're technically making a false inference while criticizing my own literacy - oops. Anyway, you said that you wouldn't upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista based on the fact that W7 is "an unnecessary amount of fail". Now there's an implication and inference based on actual text!

Also, please never seek higher education. Professors would gawk at your logic circles.

15. tehuber1337

a) And it just so happens that I'm the Pope. Who'da thunk it? This also means I have a moral basis for not pirating like a responsible adult like you.
    b) And where would this false inference be? The only one I can see is on your part - that is, I never claimed or even implied that Vista was superior to W7. That Windows is fail is idiomatically a cosmological axiom; that upgrading is unnecessary is something I explained the first time around. Therefore, learn to read.

Also, your professors must've taught you some really funky logic. If you're any indication, I'm sure they would gawk at valid and coherent thought processes.

16. Epistles

Epistles Member

Please share your education information. I really want to know. Why? Because anyone with well-placed scholastic guidance through life yields the product of significantly less failure. I'll put money on the table. Cash on the cards.

- You do not or have not attended higher education (exception, GPA 2.5 or lower).
    - You've never slept with more than one girl in your life (possibly are virgin).
    - You diagnose a lack of friends as introversion.
    - You're secretly really afraid of life - and you probably should be, considering the book that would be written about you.

17. Duncan Idaho

hypnos do some research xtorrent is based on a different app for mac, transmission i belive its called,there is an unofficial windows port that i cant find...

18. tehuber1337

Know thy enemy? You must be dumber than I thought if you expect me to play along. But hey, if you want armchair psychology, I can indulge.

- You consider yourself a logician and an academic; when these elements of your ego are obstructed, it becomes a matter of pride to remove the obstructions and claim victory
    - You have an inferiority complex, constantly doubting your self worth, which is why you attempt to compensate by being competitive
    - Your actions are guided only by your internal logic and ideals; you believe emotion is fleeting or otherwise useless
    - You repress your emotions and attempt to come off as the silent, stoic type in social circles, but you're really just withdrawn and have no real friends, though you attempt to convince yourself that people you occasionally hang out or chat with about shallow things count
    - Your left-wing ideals tell you to be open-minded towards the existence of God, though this may be outweighed by your failure to logically deduce a reason for existence

19. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Actually there is. Some people just don't have the money to buy a new windows OS on top of the OS they use.

uTorrent is the best torrent program I know. It is fast, grabs seeders fast, and downloads like a cheetah.

oh and this.

20. Epistles

Epistles Member

I looked at myself and I looked at myself hard. 0/5.