1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best PSP to get for hacking (on a budget)

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Fredbox, Oct 25, 2011.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Facts:

- ALL PSP MODELS are hackable
    - ALL PSP FIRMWARE VERSIONS are hackable
    - NO PSP REQUIRES A PANDORA BATTERY for hacking

2. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

I thought that v.6.30+ for the 3000 were unhackable?

3. LuckyTrouble77

It's called 6.60 Pro-B9.

4. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

You didnt misunderstand, all you need to do is download the games that i have there, and put them on your memory card via data transfer, and there you go, all new game for you, just make sure of your memory card space, some games are huge, and want to install additional content, and obviously the save file itself.

So download, copy, play

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

I know. I was putting what I preferred. I like flashing permanent CFW on PSPs and not temporary CFW, unless you patch the files to stay on there.

And I know you don't need a Pandora battery, but if your PSP bricks, you may be SOL if you can't unbrick it.

My friend's PSP was finicky and bricked a few times. It was easier to unbrick it with a Pandora battery.

6. toffster92

Sweet, so how do I go about doing that? Anybody got a link to a tutorial or maybe tell me how to do it?

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

This - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq5OGJKOKfk

I didn't watch much, but was easy to follow.

8. toffster92

I think it's a tutorial on how to update your already existing custom firmware.

I wanna know how to add CFW in the first place.

9. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Just got my nice shiny PSP. I have a question. It's currently on firmware 6.20, and so far both pre-signed games I've tried (Monster Hunter Freedom and Wipout Pure) say I need to update to version 6.31 or later.

If I let it update itself, it'll go straight to the latest firmware, won't it?
    Does the latest firmware stop me running pre-signed games, and how difficult will it make it to hack at a later date?

10. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Just hack it.

I hacked 3 psps with this guide

11. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I did it with a Youtube video but that was for a 5.0 version

12. Fredbox

Ok, but will that allow me to play these games, or will it still tell me to update?

EDIT: Hacked it. Worked fine. Pre-signed games working fine now. Thanks for the help, everyone!

13. toffster92

How big a memory card is recommended in order to get the most use out of your PSP?

4GB is probably too small isn't it?

14. LuckyTrouble77

I had 8GB and filled it up pretty easily, but it all depends on how you decide to handle it. Plenty of people make 4GB work fine.

15. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

4GB is indeed enough

16. toffster92

OK!

I finally hacked my PSP! It's currently on CFW PRO-B10

So now my question is... how do I put games and play them? :p
    Hehe, sorry for the trouble, I really am lost when it comes to the PSP.

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Plug in your PSP into your computer and put the ISOs in your ISO folder. Or if it's homebrew stuff, put it in the \PSP\GAME folder.

18. toffster92

There's no need for patching or anti-piracy stuff right?
    Also, I heard that you need some sort of plug-in if you want to use cheats.. how do I go about doing that?

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

If you have the latest firmware, you don't have to patch anything. And as for the cheats, I have no idea. I never have wanted to use them.

20. Fredbox

A 2GB MS came with my PSP, but I think I'm gonna easily use over double that, so I'm gonna get a 8 or 16GB one.