1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best Not Main stream RPG

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Dickweed3, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Priom

Priom Well-Known Member

hehe I'd say play Tales,persona and starocean series all 3 of 'em are awsome

2. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

Rogue Galaxy

3. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (PSX) is definitely worth a look if you like jrpgs.

4. Dickweed3

Dickweed3 Member

One of my favorites<3 the AI setting is genius.

5. Priom

Priom Well-Known Member

Oh u said "old" rpgs in that case if u like traditional turn based rpgs try Bof 3,if ur looking for an awome story theres tales of the abyss(haven't played this one exactly although the stroy seems cool to me) and ofcourse if u haven't yet u should definitely play StarOcean3.

6. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Brave Fencer Musashi, King's Field and Thousand arms are worth a look.

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Pretty much any RPG from the PSX era. Even the old Squaresoft RPGs that largely dominated the Playstation market weren't really considered mainstream except for FF7.

8. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

Ok, so it hasnt been stated here, but it is an RPG and it does have games in sony systems... I would suggest the Legacy of Ys Series. The first two games remastered for PC are the best. However Tales of Felghana a remake of the 3rd game for PSP/PC is also good but not AS good. The other ones in the series are also fantastic. It's an action RPG similar to Legend of Zelda. But in my opinion all together a bit better. The first two games can also be found on a single cart for the DS... but personally while it is a faithfull remake, it doesnt capture the glory of the series as well as the PC remake.

9. Saiyajin Mui

Saiyajin Mui Well-Known Member

I also think Odin Sphere is worth a play as well. I loved that one.

10. Chatb0t73

Chatb0t73 Well-Known Member

What about sword of mana?

11. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

We are talking about Sony (PSP and such) not Nintendo (GBA)

12. Chatb0t73

Sorry :/ i thought i saw it in the playstation store. Only reason i mentioned it.

13. Reider

Reider Modereider

Legend of Mana
    Legend of Legaia

14. Mr.PowPow

Mr.PowPow Well-Known Member

Breath of fire, I'm sure they were for the playstation platform at some point.

15. Chatb0t73

16. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

.hack//G.U series.
    The battle system is really unique as well with everything else in it, I've got to say one of the best series I've ever played.

17. Priom

Priom Well-Known Member

I was planning on playing the original .hack series and then the g.u series haven't player either yet though.

18. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Star Ocean: First Departure.

It's a remake of Star Ocean for the SNES.

Best $30 I ever spent.

19. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

Rogue Galaxy (PS2)
    Valkyrie Profile (PS2)
    Radiata Stories (PS2)

20. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Resonance of Fate for the PS3.
    It was largely overshadowed by the release of FFXIII, and in many regards, it's a breath of fresh air compared to the overly restrictive-hold-your-hand kind of gameplay that FFXIII has.

Mind you, it really doesn't baby you through any of the mechanics, and it does a somewhat poor job of explaining them. At least the mechanics aren't being shoved down my throat every 5 seconds...I guess that's the double-edged sword...

There's also Folklore for the PS3 although this one is more action-RPG rather than turn based.
    And then there's Valkyria Chronicles, which is more along the lines of strategy-RPG.