1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best Nintendo DS Games - Read First

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by mekusho, Jan 25, 2008.

1. buuured

buuured Well-Known Member

disgea is amazing i love it

2. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

it's his opinion i guess...maybe has enjoyed all the greats but just likes the light hearted stuff better

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I'm getting to the point where anyone who doesn't have at least 50 posts (or I don't know their name, one condition or the other) pretty much doesn't matter. I usually just ignore them.
    Did anyone mention Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor?
    I was expecting everyone to go nuts over this one, but I've only seen one mention of it.

I don't actually play that many DS games. I've tried about 1000 of them, but I only play maybe, maybe 5 tops.

4. musiclegend14

I only turn on my DS if I'm really bored somewhere with nothing better to do or my remotes and controllers aren't in arms reach and I'm to lazy to go get them (my DS is always charging on my nightstand right where I'm at all the time...conveniently)

5. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

Hmm... I kind of enjoyed Ninja Gaiden DS, but I need to play it properly one day. Chinatown Wars is a game I really love, though. One of my most played DS games and I'm one of the people with 500 hour savefiles for certain games. I agree with most of your favourites, save for the Call of Duty games and Hunters - I've never understood the appeal of shooters on handhelds. Never. Dementium is about all I'm willing to play shooter-wise on mine.

As for your hated games... :'(

The Castlevania DS games are among the best on the system, with Order of Ecclesia being my favourite Castlevania game in the entire series. I've never played Mortal Kombat or that Bleach game on my DS, though, so I can't comment. But what's wrong with Touch the Dead? For a 16Mb game, it looks and plays damn awesome. I also bloody well love the Luminous Arc games. :p

6. nds225

nds225 Member

DUDES, IF YOU WANT ANY GAME ON DS JUST GET A MODCHIP! i personnaly use an r4.
    DSI's suc Origin ds and ds lite will never get old. <NINTENDO RULES!!>

7. Red_Manflame

Red_Manflame Member

Funny how that is a good list for me to lol gta and ninja gaiden ARE GREAT!

8. musiclegend14

you're telling this to everybody who already has a flash cart...

9. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Aaaah... newcomers... Classic. There will always be one in this forum. It sure brings back the ol' days.

Anyway, can anyone recommend me the best of the Dragon Quest series in English for the DS, I've played the rocket slime but I stopped playing it.

10. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

For teh DS, My personal fav was Dragon Quest V, and IV wasnt bad either... Dragon Quest IX is out in japan now, so Im waiting for the english version and no news on Dragon Quest VI

11. musiclegend14

the sad part is that he's been registered since December 2008...

12. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

I can't understand what he's thinking. Really. I reread the sentence so many times...
    I think he went directly to the forums (not even reaching the main page). That pretty much makes sense, except...
    Still, this is much better than making another hundred of "Best NDS Game" thread in the forum...

Anyway...
    Thanks for this, as expected from DragonQuester :D. Downloading DQV now. I can't wait for the IX too, expect it to be walled with lots of copy protection though.

13. Lamchops123

Lamchops123 New Member

both CODs are pretty good...dun really like dementium tho, it looks the same everywhere and the monsters are always the same...c.o.r.e. is coming out, and it looks pretty nice...

14. buuured

dementium is good.......when you use cheats to make sure you dont run out of ammo its more like resident evil that way.

15. musiclegend14

or you could just get resident evil...which is even more like resident evil. = ]

but yes, dementium is a good game, better than the call of dutys for NDS

16. JTakashiNe

JTakashiNe Well-Known Member

The Super Robot Taisen series!

17. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

yes good stuff right there

18. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

Dementium is so clichê.

19. buuured