1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best Nintendo DS Games - Read First

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by mekusho, Jan 25, 2008.

1. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

My personal favorites:

- Pokémon Platinum
    - SimAnimals
    - Super Princess Peach
    - Harvest Moon - Island of Happiness
    - Pokémon Ranger - Shadows of Almia

2. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

I can't get enough of it. I'm somewhere in Act 2 at the moment with a Level 12 (or so) Dual Sword Kampf, with Idea and Welt following me. ;)

3. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Yes Soma Bringer is really good too, especially with friends
    you always have some guy going in and steal the loot, getting all the exp and you would always get owned by the bosses >_>
    It reminded me alot of Diablo 1 and 2, but with anime characters

4. Wintrale

Lulz... I love it. I've got six save files going simultaneously at the moment - one for each Class. My only gripe is that, while there's a good variety of classes and Abilities, I would personally have loved either additional classes (either straight up extra ones, or advanced versions of existing ones that would be unlockable once you reached Level 20 or whatever) or more of a tree-design for the abilities (rather than splitting them up by rank, locking them off).

5. seventhsage

seventhsage Well-Known Member

I'm currently playing as welt, soma Level 45 or so, somewhere near act 5, from the looks of the log, looks like i'm about 3/4 of the way through, but those could be simple things like "report back to command" or things like that. Really good game. The translation patch is brilliant, i've only found a few things that aren't translated (mostly the ships library, nothing story-wise) and a few things that translated wrong. Double vowels, things like that, no big.) Props to darthnemesis for that one. Currently waiting for flower, sun, rain to finish downloading, i've heard it's good.

A few lesser known ones:

Dokapon Journey - funny nobody mentioned this one yet, it's actually quite good. Like mario party but with spells and swords and such :)

Air traffic chaos - you really should give this one a try, it's sweet. You become an air traffic controller... Be warned, this game is unforgiving, one screw up and it's over. Basically, don't let planes crash into each other

Desktop tower defense - used to play the flash game a lot, the ds version is even better

DK - jungle climber - nothing new here, a lot like king of swing, but it's a solid platformer with a new twist.

Front mission - giant mechs, something to hold you off till gundam arrives :)

Legacy of Y's - book 1 and 2. Don't let the beginning turn you off, this game is actually quite good. It's just slow to get started

Neves - puzzle game, but quite innovative, given seven pieces and must fit them into a silhouette. Suprising how many ways there are to fit seven peices

Orcs and Elves. For those of you who liked etrian oddesy this one is solid.

Rondo of Swords. This one rocks once you figure out what the hell you're doing. Play the tutorials before you start, it's a new concept

Snk vs. Capcom - card fighters - this one is great for those of you who don't like yu-gi-oh. It features a lot of charachters, from miles edgeworth (pheonix wright) to Dante(devil may cry)

Steal princess - it gets old quick, but it's fun to whittle an hour on

The dark spire - much like the old pen and paper adventures. Crazy hard to start, but balances quickly after you level up a bit

Super dodgeball brawlers - another "kill an hour" game. repetitive, but it is dodgeball, which is basically a more violent version of tennis to begin with.

Hope these are good for some people... and Soma bringer should be on everyone's flash cart, it's amazing

6. Wintrale

I love the optional, yet tough as nails, bosses in Soma Bringer. I admittedly, however, don't like that they can be anywhere and that there's no real way to tell where they are before you're fighting them. I love the extra challenge, but not when I don't know it's coming. ::)

Oh, and I'm just about to try Summon Night Twin Age... ;D

7. crazytuna

But that's the point too, you don't know they're there and you didn't heal, you get your ass whooped and you realized you didn't save and you lose like 10 levels of experience and mountian of money :p

Summon Night is just like Soma Bringer, but slower paced I think, but as fun too

8. Wintrale

Exactly! I'm grateful that the game lets you regain your lost Experience if you go back to where it is you died and grab the tombstone. Without that, those superbosses would really mess us up. :D

They should drop better stuff, though... You'd think you'd be awarded with some badass stuff for beating such a tough foe. :(

9. crazytuna

It's always like that in those kind of games, you get the great items at the moment you don't expect them

10. Wintrale

I've still not got anything worthwhile. Maybe I should use those cheats sitting on my card and boost the rarity of the stuff in those chests. :p

11. crazytuna

ah no never use cheats, it kills the purpose of the game

12. Wintrale

Yeah, I've been doing fine anyway. Those super bosses are the only things that have ever managed to kill me. I've only come across two of them so far, and both have killed me once each. But I always go back and finish them off, since those Gates are never too far away. :D

13. seventhsage

the drops get better eventually. I'm getting swords and stuff worth around 3-4 thousand gold now. I keep a staff, twin swords, and a spare axe + sheild in my inventory, all are heavily enchanted. You pick stuff like that up all the time around act four / five. Going to places with lots of enemies is a good idea too. my favorite thing to do is get to the screen right before a boss with your entire team, go in and beat the stuffing out of him until he has a sliver of health. Then run away. Save your game and go finish him off. If you don't like the item drops, restart. Sometimes you get better stuff

that's how i got my necklace. All stats + 6 and a "loot + 20 and gold + 50" i added a mag +6 orb to it. Really good for a mage :)

14. Wintrale

CrazyTuna, you were quite right. I got a green Silver Edge - some of the advantages received were a +20% Attack Speed and +6 to both STR and SKL. I'll be putting on an Orb soon, probably to boost STR further.

15. Miljo

Miljo New Member

I like Pokemon, Digimon, Dragon Quest, Dragon ball and Need for speed

16. buuured

buuured Well-Known Member

played kingdom hearts yesterday thats good

17. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

yeah cant wait for a NA release

18. seventhsage

any word on a timeframe for that. E3 just went down recently, and that's the time frame i've seen for it. Was that for the jap release, or is the EU / US version coming out soon. Any word on an official date?

-jason

19. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

September 29, 2009. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_358/2_Days

20. 00Davo

00Davo Well-Known Member

AJ was great, but the Phoenix arc is infinitely better. It's best to play in proper order (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Justice For All, Trials And Tribulations, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney)
    Great fun, but ridiculously hard at times... even playing on Easy, I really suck at it.

Personal favourites? In no particular order (ignore the numbers, okay)...
    1. the Ace Attorney series - fun mystery solving and contradiction exposing. Best played in chronological order. When replaying, create a new .sav file: the ability to fast-forward drastically decreases the fun.
    2. Chrono Trigger - the best RPG ever. Except maybe Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Definitely the best traditional JRPG ever.
    3. Picross DS - nonograms are fun!
    4. Mario Hoops 3 on 3 - sure, it's a Mario sports spinoff, but it's actually vaguely fun. Sometimes.
    5. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - sandbox games are fun! (I also play GMod and Pocket Physics a lot...)
    (will add more in edits when I remember them...)