1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best NDS Card? (CycloDS,R4DS,M3)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by ricky92, Aug 14, 2008.

1. micer

micer Member

Yes, everything in that site includes shipping, although it takes about 2 weeks for me to get it shipped to my doorstep if it is in stock, and i live near Toronto. This time frame may vary from country to country depending on the processes it might have to go through in customs. You could also choose its EMS mailing service, which claims to get the package to you within a few days (I have yet to try it though, so don't ask me how reliable it is) but it'll cost you about 20 dollars extra, depending on your location I think.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Not that often, they don't break much at all if you use it sensibly.

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I got my Pandora's battery at dealextreme.
    I think the shipping is free but it takes forever.

4. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

Everything at DealExtreme includes shipping unless you pay for EMS or order something using Bulk Rate.

The shipping doesn't take so long it self but the processing period takes a long time.
    You can usually guess about a month from order to getting your product at most. Usually about two weeks if they can get the product right away.

They're usually a good bet to getting cards since you can get them a lot cheaper then elsewhere.

But I think cost is a major factor in buying a card for me.
    I can get another EZFlash V+ from DX for $17.50 or I can spend $53 on a CycloDS Evolution.
    Personally it is no where worth that much to me just to get slow-mo and real time saves.

Just look for one that suits your needs and the cost is in your budget. Don't forget to factor in the cost of a MicroDS card too and what card's maximum capacity is.

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

When I used to work in sales, people would ask me about the major price difference between a $200 vacuum and a $20 one.
    My response was always, "well with the $200 one, you know they're not selling you bullshit."

Cost usually dictates its functionality.

Sure a flashcart might be $17.50, but you'll have to think of all of the times you'll have problems with it, like compatibility issues, slowdowns, freeze ups, etc.

With a CycloDS, you'll never have to worry about white screens, a certain ROM not working, any problems related to firmware updates, and I guarantee that you'll never have to reformat your microSD card. (Since I bought mine, I haven't formatted mine). You'll never have to worry about DLDI patching because it does it for you. Updating firmware is easy because all you do is put the firmware file anywhere on the microSD card and it updates for you, then deletes the file when it's done. Even turning it off while it is updating won't harm anything. A CycloDS can run patched and trimmed games, even games that have both done to it.

I have received several messages on demonoid regarding this issue.
    I released the Jump Ultimate Stars with a translation patch and so far, the DSTT and YSMenu (or something like that) can't run it.
    Just look on this forum and you'll see several help questions regarding the M3, even the R4. I don't see any with the CycloDS. The R4 usually has firmware issues since it's still running firmware from a few months ago. No wonder you can't play some newly released games.

It's worth the $53.

This is kind of like buying a PS3. You can choose the 40 GB, and have crappy backwards compatibility, or you can pick the 60 GB one and have full backwards compatibility. The harddrive can be replaced and upped to a larger size, but the backwards compatibility is worth it.

6. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

TTDS in my opinion. its really good, better than R4, and cheaper too! Also, higher max storage!

7. Deep865

Deep865 Member

I just bought a CycloDS, waiting for it to come in the mail...

~Blaze

8. GhostFaceLoser

GhostFaceLoser Well-Known Member

same here.

9. aquaboy123

aquaboy123 Active Member

r4 da best just too make people make fake oens