1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best Music Genre

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MitsukaiXxX, Jan 29, 2010.

?

What is the best msuic genre

1. Classical

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Blues

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Pop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. denekie

denekie Well-Known Member

ROCK THE HELL OUT!! (what?)

Alt/Indie

2. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as "The Best Music Genre" but there is a "Best Music Genre FOR YOU".

If the latter were the question, I'd say Rock. :)

3. F77

F77 Active Member

YEAH!!! Rock is winning!!!
    Obviously, i choose Rock, i usually listen to Metallica, Godsmack and Disturbed (depending on my mood)

4. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

Yeah thats what the question is.LOL.its about your opinion im asking for :)

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

NO NO NO.

Electronica is never, and will never be, pop music. Pop music makes me think of Owl City and everything else on mainstream radio that isn't RnB. None of that shit comes even remotely close to Daft Punk, Armin van Burren, Dash Berlin or Paul van Dyk, you musically ignorant heathen.

6. NeoStriker

NeoStriker Well-Known Member

Thank you.

7. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

pop, rock, rap, r n b, orchestra music..i love it all

8. p4tman

p4tman Guest

Amen.

9. MitsukaiXxX

Well thats the closets you'll get,and theyve all been in the POP charts,so itll have to do.

I cant please everyone,maybe SEPH should add a few more poll boxes :)

10. denekie

denekie Well-Known Member

The Dutch DJ's Are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

My favorite gerne is all pc made (almost all playable party gernes (for young people) ) gernes. Like Techno, trance, hardcore, rave, .... I like music. (too much...) but I don't like metal or classical music and blues and stuff.

Gimme a bass, beats and much more!

Don't understand me wrong. I can also enjoy listen to rock. Like Simple Plan and the Time Hollow theme song!

12. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to choose "pop" because it's the closest to "Indie-pop".
    Actually, "indie-rock" maybe a more suitable term...
    What would you guys class "Florence and the machine" and the "Ting-Tings"?

I actually like all these of these (With the exception of 'rap').

13. RenaldoTT

RenaldoTT Well-Known Member

Don't mean to interrupt the little debate but many of you seem to have forgotten Jamaican Dancehall and Reggae!!!! Maybe non of you have heard it before but it tops rap lyrically and if you're into that sexual music, check out Vybz Kartel and Black Rhyno, Movado ALL THE DANCEHALL ARTISTS INCLUDING TIFFA! DON'T GET THE TWO MIXED UP DANCEHALL AND REGGAE NOT THE SAME DANCEHALL IS JUST A BRANCH OFF.

14. MitsukaiXxX

I should have put Rap as RNB(not all the rap crap stuff, i mean old school Buddy miles and funkadelic stuff) coz reggage would fit into that the most,has the same sorta feelin,just diffrent instruments :)......this poll was a fail lol....
    but hey those were the main catogries :)

15. RenaldoTT

they were but I I would put rap, rnb and reggae and dancehall in the same boat. I understand what your saying but dancehall artists of jamaica will totally destroy american rappers, but then again it depends on where the battle is, if it's in jamaica for sure they would win or anywhere in the Caribbean for that matter, but if it's in american theirs a larger chance of loss since most americans can't understand jamaican dialect, but vybz kartel and movado are on another level to wayne and drake when it comes to "rapping" if you wana call it that. But it really upsets me when I got to an american website and they have bios of reggae artists and they say, Buju Banton is a jamaican, rapper....I got WHAT THE HELL!!! TOTALLY FALSE CRAP

16. MitsukaiXxX

i get what you mean.......

reggage is a underrated music genre,the only reggae people know is bob marley and UB40, lol,that aint reggae,it's pop to me.

Real reggae dosnt rely on big artist names or record labels,you dont care you wrote it you just wanna hear it,and the people who dont write it dont want lots of cash and fame.Thats the magic of true reggae.

Some more intresting facts for you :)

Im a blues and jazz listener,and the rhythm of jazz and blues comes from african drum music(similar to reggae,but no electrics) years and years before blues,folk blues and jazz.Even BB King mentions how the rhythm of most music you hear comes from african drum music.

So yeah,Reggae is the only mysterious ,sacred music left,with only a small audience,and thats the way it should be. Rap and most rock only sells because of artist names,record labels and OTT advertising.People dont care about the music ,only who wrote it etc etc.

I love blues myself,because it makes me feel good(and i love jamming it,and busking the delta blues in town).

See modern music people dont listen to ,they just hear it(big diffrence).

Blues,Jazz,Reggae you gotta feel :)nothing more :)

17. RenaldoTT

well yea when matched to the world yea it's a small majority of mostly Caribbean people that listen to reggae but mostly in the form now of Dancehall and yea UB40 is pop. And you're right about record labels and cash, Vybz Kartel and the rest all list themselves as independent and don't release CDs for money, or mixtapes, just riddim after riddim, for the people and get paid to perform that's all. But honestly if people blame violence on rap music lol, trust me they aint hear nothing yet, that's soft compared to Dancehall music. I swear

18. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

None of them represent punk metal. Too hardcore to be rock