1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best exorcise

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hanghanghang, Apr 17, 2008.

?

Best exorcise

1. swimming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. running

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. playing basketball

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

Best exercise: play soccer!
    Best sport because it increases stamina, strength, its cardio workout. And if you play for a team, chances are you'll have to lift weights and do long distance running along with the well needed stretches.

2. Asitaka

Asitaka Active Member

Best exercise... Err.. besides trying to plan out something personally to fit your schedule/needs, some of the best recommended exercises are things like pushup, squat/squat jump(clean/jerk /press) and pull-ups. Mostly you don't need to do sit-ups (more sit-ups != fit abs, less fat == fit abs) but basically any exercise that moves lots of muscles at once... If we're talking organized... anything that has you dashing around a lot I suppose... soccer, basketball... this is leading up to my all time favorite.. interval training:
    Basically set a timer for 30 seconds that will run continuously (beep once every 30 seconds) Now sprint 30, walk/jog 30, sprint 30, walk/jog 30 repeat as many times as you dare. You can do this for any "cardio" sport. On the same note, when I was researching interval training, there's something called the Tabata method... it's a 4 minute DEATH routine. Either a: sprint 20 seconds, rest 10 and repeat 8 times, or b: do push-ups as fast as possible for 20 seconds(as many reps as possible), rest 10, squat jump for 20(again as many as you can), rest 10, pull-ups 20 seconds, rest 10, jumping jacks 20 seconds, rest 10 and repeat x2
    This has proven to be at least as beneficial, if not more, than 30 minutes of cardio (like running)

3. KeirinRacer

KeirinRacer Active Member

Best "exorcise"??? Lol...."exorcize or -cise vb -cizing, -cized or -cising, -cised. To expel (evil spirits) by prayers and religious rites. exorcism n exorcist n.

I'm guessing the best would be an old priest and a young priest. "The power of Christ compels you!" ;D

No seriously, even though I bike / race alot everyday. I'd have to say running. Millions of years of evolution has hardwired it into our very being. All those years of running away from and running to catch various animals has evolved an organic specimen finely tuned for bi-ped running. I used to run 50km's per week b4 an ankle injury put me out of the business. Now I bike and swim and I can say from experience that I got the best enjoyment, during and after, from running.

4. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this. I used to play for a semi-pro team for years. We used to train three times a week and have nearly two games a week. Every season you start of lightly but build stamina and energy as you go along. It makes you very very fit and and you shed kilo's and if you combine it with a small weights workout, will be great for you. Because soccer is the type of sport where you need to be running and working throughout without any stopage, after the full game, your body is constantly in action. After 90 minutes of soccer you find that you have run at least 10km's so that in itself shows how well in shape this sport can get you

5. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

i thought this was a joke and was just misplaced in outdoor sports... XD

exorcise? i guess you cant exorcise with any of the choices...

lol but reading the thread it figures its exercise...

i guess running...

coz... we dont have a pool, even a public pool near our house... only a small river and you cant really *swim* on it...
    and im horrible at basketball... XD LOL...

i jog for like 2 hours every morning but thats about it... i think you really cant call it running... XD

6. Roy mustang

Roy mustang Well-Known Member

Imo swimming is the best exercise its great for lung capacity and cardiovascular endurance which will help improve your long distance running and many other sports.

7. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

poltergeist... ;D oh you mean exercise, sex. followed by masturbation but burns less calories.

doing hard work is the best exercise and gets shit done as well.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

this was where I got my exorcise:

[​IMG]

was an awesome experience, but didn't really do anything. I still have voices in my head telling me to ban people.

'Sangoma' means 'Spiritual healer' in Xhosa, 'kruie dokter' is Afrikaans and means 'witch doctor' I can't remember the others very well, but I think the bottom is Zulu.

9. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

Sex is best exercise, really. Or most fun and fulfilling :p

10. grimsim1

Loonylion, I could be wrong, but I think the last one could be the name of the person that is the Sangoma (which also means witch doctor). I been living in SA for about ten years but in the Eastern Cape which is the Xhosa area of the country and don't know the Zulu word for it but I am pretty sure it is also Sangoma. Sifikile Ukunyanga sounds like a typical Xhosa name. Where did you take this photo?

11. Loonylion

Alicedale, not far from Shamwari game reserve. That was my home for a month :) It's about 50 minutes drive from Port E.

12. grimsim1

Serious? I've been in that area a lot. I once had to drive my mom twice in two days to Bushman Sands near Alicedale. I actually live in East London which is about 300km's away from Port Elizabeth. We got many friends in PE, go there all the time. You enjoyed it here? :)

13. Loonylion

yup, we actually had a drinking party at bushman sands (much alcohol fulled singing of 'hakuna matata' and 'can't wait to be king' Best part was a) I was the most sober and b) I had a video camera :p) Then we spent a night sleeping with the animals about 10km from the lodge there.

14. grimsim1

Nice :) The road to Bushman Sands is terrible though hey? I got a few chips on my car's windscreen from all the rocks and people were driving fast past me on that dirt road with their huge bakkies, flicking rocks everywhere...god damn it!!

15. Loonylion

boo hoo. I was in the back of a toyota pickup, sitting on the wheel arch. And it was dark so we couldn't see the bumps coming.

16. grimsim1

lol well main thing is you enjoyed it man. You must come again. Its a great place to come on holiday.

17. Loonylion

It wasn't a holiday, I was working on the reserve at Shamwari :)

18. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

i wont get an exorcism, the voices tell me to beat the hell out of people driving on cellphones. that and driving like assholes.

don't come to central NJ. i'm here.