1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best and worst gifts for men?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tiramisukisu, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Tiramisu, are you still here in the Philippines or have you returned to Japan already?

If you're still here I've got some novelty gift ideas for you :)

At Quiapo in Manila there are some stores below Quezon Boulevard bridge that sell traditional wares, some of which are kinda kinky ;D

Try getting him one of these Barrel men:
    [​IMG]

Or barrel women
    [​IMG]

Or one of those small brass key rings that has a couple making out that you can animate by pushing a small tab on it. Sorry I can't find a photo of it online, but they'll know what it is if you ask the storehands what it is.

They also sell nifty things you can give as gifts that are not naughty like a hanging mobile of sorts made with laced together shells. Or how about a small desk lamp with a Capiz shell shade?

Another place to go to to buy Philippine crafts is a store in front of Fort Santiago also in Manila, this store sells things like Paintings done by local Painters.

2. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Fuck that, next time I'm going to the Philippines I'm stocking up on those Barrel men.

3. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

@cahos

why dont you suggest the ashtray if he is smoking? the one with huge d!*$? i gave that one as a present to a friend and he nows place it in his office and kinda brought him goodluck with girls.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

There's also a toy Jeepney she could give him, or how about Philippine Sweets like Pili Nut Brittle, Peanut Kisses, or Durian Fruit Candy & no they don't stink like the actual fruit.

5. tiramisukisu

tiramisukisu Well-Known Member

crazytuna:
    I dont think our kids will want to see our videos (p_q)

misslucha:
    Thank you for your suggestion. It remind me he is looking for English dvd of hollywood movies. I will look for tomorrow! ♪

cahos:
    I am still in Makati but I leave in three days. I saw barrel person before in mall. I did not know it looked like it inside. It is shy to buy!!! (>.<) But it seems good omiyage for male friends... Omiyage is "pasarubon" (my classmate told me it is Tagalog of it). (^∇^)

I bought many pearl, dried mango, banana chip, nata de coco (it is my boy's favorite. It was popular in Japan many years ago). I want to bring home durian fruit but it seems illegal. And maybe I will be killed by passengers in plane. o(;â–³;)o

Is this the ruins with Japanese torture chambers? We went there last year I think (my boy and I had WWII tour orz). It was not good feeling visiting WWII areas. It was too scary and strange atmosphere. Like so cold and restless. I really felt terrible!

Maybe you should start barrel man shop, Cahos! (≧▽≦)

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

It's Pasalubong Tiramisu, but I understand the Romanji version so no biggie.

I think what you're mentioning is the Island fort of Corrijidor, but I may be wrong. Fort Santiago is that place near Rizal Park.

7. tiramisukisu

Sorry, my mistake! o( _ _ )o

I remember now. It is the Spanish fortress, correct? There was an engraved sign saying it became Japanese torture chamber and our tour guide took us where Japanese killed prisoners and asked us to pray for their souls. It was uncomfortable and bad feeling.

We went to the island fortress too! It was a great experience. It was also interesting how different American/Filipino and Japanese tour was. I could understand the other tour and they were praising American and Filipino side. Japanese tour was praising Japanese. It made me laugh a little.

Where can I buy mangrove honey? My boy's mom saw it on TV and wants. I can't find in supermart. Thank you!!!

8. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

No, you're deff still my best friend ^.^

Haha, whatever game he makes tell me and I'll import it (but my DS is region locked so I guess I'll use it as a display in my room and then download it off RomU also!)

Other fun ideas you can do with him:
    Paintballing. I don't know if there is much paintball where you live, but if there is it's a great bonding experience when you and him are dodging paintballs shot by his friends (make sure to invite his friends!)

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Mangove honey? I'm not sure if that's it, but maybe it's what we call kaong :-\

You can find that in super markets mostly.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

DS is not region locked.

11. tiramisukisu

Okay okay, which nintendo gift do you want? (^∇^)

But do you really import games? (・-・) The price is so shocking. Like cloud black PS3 set. I thought of buying because of FFXIII demo and I do not have PS3 yet. But US$500 was too much for me. Then I found overseas store selling for $800 - $1000. o(;△;)o I think many bought too! orz They should just find someone in Japan who can help them then they save much money. (>_<)b

Thank you. I will look for tomorrow! ♪ Sorry always I ask many questions! (>.<)

12. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Isn't that the reason why you're here? ask questions?

13. tiramisukisu

Yeah but I was worried I might be annoying him with questions about this and that. Sorry if it was for you. orz

14. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

A kilt would be awesome, you wont find many of those in Japan. (I'm guessing)

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Nah, answering your questions aren't annoying for me besides how can we learn about things if we don't ask questions right?

What really pisses me off are flamers & trolls :p

16. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

lol trolls
    yeah that piss me of too

17. tiramisukisu

Is there a kilt that will make wearer speak like Scottish? (>.<) European accent sounds very hot always. (;â–³;) Though I do not know any European. orz I just watched Scottish movie when I was younger and fell in love with accent. It was old movie called Trainspotting.

Thank you. I am curious and excited always about other culture. I will show you my Mr. Barrel Man later when I am finished with him. (^∇^)v

18. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Trainspotting is a great movie. I do agree that finding gifts for guys is difficult. Can't you get him something techy? Or unique (something only you two will understand)?

19. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Like a darth vader mask?? that would be awesome, but you would end up with one of the disgusting scottish accents like glaswegian.

On the trainspotting note, you should buy your husband some smack, that would be an eventful anniversery/

20. hazynighthawk

hazynighthawk Well-Known Member

a brand new 2009 subaru wrx sti =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.