1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Barclays Premier League Season 2009/2010

Discussion in 'Sports' started by meganova, Aug 4, 2009.

?

Which team will make a breakthrough to the top 4?

1. Tottenham!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nah, Manchester City of course!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It will be Aston Villa..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ... Liverpool still have their chance... I believe in them!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other teams will make a surprise!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gettajob0007

gettajob0007 Well-Known Member

If you can't beat us at emirates what makes you think you can beat us at old trafford?

2. Chelsea 7-2 Sunderland lol

3. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

I gotta say that i was impressed.

4. al_rayleigh

al_rayleigh Member

old trafford is no longer scary since they lose to the white tiger..

5. although im disappointed,with the chances we had we should of scored atleast 10 goals lol :p

6. Meramex

Meramex Well-Known Member

You have obviously never been there. The place is gonna celebrate its 100th year in a few weeks and its still the 3rd largest Football Stadium on this planet, with an full capacity of about 76000. Try going there, knowing that 80% of the 76000 came to see you guys lose. Its not easy is it. And dont you losers forget, you guys scored seven but won by five. United win by five all the time, and not against a side that don't have any of their regular defenders. And it should still be remembered that United still have the highest winning margin in the FA with that absolute dismantling of Nott. Forest.

Now, with van der sar back, and vidic and ferdinand weeks away from fitness. You guys are gonna find out just why we're the champions. Did any of you see last nights game against City. They only won due to a stupid penalty decision for an offense out side the box. But given really kept them in the game. He made some very good saves from rooney, owen and giggs. Dude, the guy is 36 and guys like Richards and Wright-Phillips still find him too hot to handle. City arrive at the Theatre Of Dreams on the 27th I think. By then, we will most definately have all our players back and ready to crush City.
    Post Merge: [time]1264000249[/time]
    PS. Where oh where have all the Liverpool fans gone.

7. at meramex u wont talk so much when we beat you at old traford ;)

8. imjerel

imjerel New Member

i'd say spurs will join as a new top four, arsenal might win if they kept they're form, man u a strong second, but chelsea they really need to work, i mean they havent had that teamwork play since mourinho

i feel bad as a chelsea fan

9. wtf are u talking about,ur not a chelsea fan,a chelsea fan would never talk like that,ur a disgrace to chelsea :(

10. Meramex

Okay kids, time to keep you guys updated. United are now officially in the Carling Cup Final after Rooney so deftly finished from a Ryan Giggs cross. 28th February everyone. Pencil it in on your calenders and make sure you write notifiacation on your computer and cellphones. Chelsea won yesterday, so forget about them, cause in exactly 6hours and 15minutes the first ever 3D game is gonna be shown on your TV sets. Yes, its UNITED V ARSENAL. Hope you guys have SkySports HD and a 3D TV set. Personally im gonna go the Emirates myself and catch the action.

11. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Wow,
    I hope I can watch it live.

Anyway, I got the feelings that the result will be a draw.
    But, who knows?

12. Meramex

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. United once again showed everyone why they are defending champions. After simply brushing past Arsenal. It was simply one way traffic and those who watched the game were trully delighted with the performance Nani had. I recall someone saying he lets the ball go to often. Yeah he does let the ball go. IN THE BACK OF THE NET. And United were overall miles ahead of Arsenal yesterday. Arsenal just couldn't handle us. Arsene Wenger was right in a way. Arsenal are a different beast this time. A beast that rolls over and dies on its own!!!! Anyhow, they have chelsea to deal with next week, at the Bridge. I hope its a draw.
    Arsenal down, Chelsea's next. Okay, that can't be right. (Takes out his list of fixtures). Liverpools next. And then the title. No, Chelsea after Liverpool and then the title.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.HAHAHAHAHAHA

13. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Lol, even Liverpool is trailing behind Tottenham right now.

Last night result, surprise me.. :3

14. Meramex

Arsenal-Man United Player Ratings

Manchester United absolutely tore Arsenal to shreds as they thrashed the Gunners 3-1 at the Emirates Stadium.
    Nani was the star of the show as he forced Manuel Almunia into scoring an own goal. The Portuguese winger also provided the throughball that led to Wayne Rooney's goal in the 37th minute. Ji-Sung Park rounded out the scoring for the Red Devils, with Thomas Vermaelen claiming a consolation goal for the Gunners ten minutes from time.

Arsenal:
    Manuel Almunia: 4
    Almunia was not at fault for the second goal as his defence failed to keep out Wayne Rooney, but the Spanish custodian was totally to blame as he palmed Nani's lob into the back of his own net.

Bacary Sagna (off 72'): 5
    Showed some enterprise on the right wing, overlapping at will to provide extra width up front. Defensively, Sagna was adequate when compared to his less competent team-mates.

William Gallas: 4
    Was so involved in attack that he was nowhere to be found when Man United countered and scored their second goal. Gallas should be a striker if he wants to plunder the opposition goal so much. Headed the ball over the bar in the 89th minute when getting the ball on target would have been far easier. Maybe that's why he is a defender?

Thomas Vermaelen: 6
    The Belgian centre-back was outnumbered as the Red Devils poured forward. Vermaelen tried his best to fend off the likes of Nani, Scholes, Park and Rooney, but there were just too many bodies to mark in the end. Scored a consolation for the home side ten minutes from time.

Gael Clichy: 3
    The left-back was totally at fault as he let Nani slither past him and Samir Nasri to create the first goal. How do you let a guy escape a double-team in a must-win match like this? The Frenchman then compounded matters in the second half by playing a matador when faced with the onrushing Ji-Sung Park. (Park scored, by the way.) Horrible defending from the usually dependable Clichy.

Cesc Fabregas: 5
    Seem subdued in the match as he failed to sparkle like he usually does in the middle of the park. Instead of being a dynamo in the midfield, Fabregas lumbered through the majority of the match, only coming to life on a few rare occasions, which are too few when his team needs him to be dynamic.

Alex Song: 6
    Played the more active role in the centre of midfield as he powered forward to provide an extra man in attack. Song had two chances to score but skewed both attempts well wide. Still, he deserves an 'A' for effort.

Denilson (off 61'): 6
    Another active body for the Arsenal in the middle of the park. Denilson huffed and puffed, but United refused to be blown down. Like Alex Song, he did fashion himself some opportunities but the shots just weren't on target.

Samir Nasri: 5
    The Frenchman gets a 5 just for letting Nani slip past him when he and Clichy should have just scythed the Portugal international down near the corner flag. Nasri did contribute in attack, but seemed half a step behind the action.

Andrey Arshavin: 6
    Probably the most selfish individual on the field on Sunday. Sure, the Russian forward did create chances for himself to score, but he missed most of them and could have offered a better chance for his team-mates to put the ball into the back of the net had he just passed the ball instead of going for glory every single time.

Tomas Rosicky (off 72'): 5
    Rosicky worked hard during the game, and wins the "Ryan Babel Headless Chicken" award.

Subs:
    Theo Walcott (on 61'): 6
    Showed some pace and guile, and could have scored from a header close to full-time from a corner.

Emmanuel Eboue (on 72'): 5
    Didn't do much in his time on the pitch.

Nicklas Bendtner (on 72'): 5
    Did he even take off his tracksuit? 'Cause I certainly did not see him do anything meaningful in the game.

Manchester United:
    Edwin Van der Sar: 6
    The Dutch goalie was called in action on a few occasions and was up to the task, as evidenced as he dived low to claim a Cesc Fabregas shot early in the second half.

Rafael Da Silva: 6
    The right-back was quiet throughout the game, but it was all good, as the Red Devils claimed a crucial win keeping out the Gunners for most of the 90 minutes.

Jonny Evans: 6
    Evans marshaled the backline well enough in the absence of Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand, contributing tackles and blocks whenever Arsenal poured forward. Was at fault for the 80th minute goal against his team, but it didn't matter as United collected all three points.

Wes Brown: 7
    United's unsung hero as he stuck to Arshavin like glue, bothering the Russian enough to cause him to miss on many an occasion. Looks like Brown may yet have a role at Old Trafford.

Patrice Evra: 7
    Maybe it was the armband, but Manchester United's stand-in skipper did more defending after being given more responsibility. Evra bombed forward like he usually does, but was more calm in defence, showing a side that is rarely seen in other matches.

Paul Scholes (off 71'): 7
    The 'geezer' was starting his third game in a row, and was up to the task as he pulled the strings in the final third of the pitch. Sure, he had the usual mistimed tackle in the match, but his smooth distribution made Manchester United flow like running water.

Michael Carrick: 6
    Carrick did the simple things for the Red Devils in the middle of the park, playing simple passes and kept the ball moving as United successfully retained possession against the more acclaimed Arsenal attack.

Darren Fletcher: 6
    The midfielder was strangely subdued in this game, but worked his socks off for the cause as usual.

Nani (off 89'): 9
    The alleged 'flop' apparently came of age in this game, running rings round the Arsenal defence and generally got into the Arsenal penalty box at will, as he left Nasri and Clichy in his dust as he split the defence and cheekily lobbed the ball for Almunia to self-destruct. The Portuguese winger then turned provider as he threaded the pass to a trailing Wayne Rooney for the United top scorer to score the Red Devil's second. Really some Ronaldo-esque stuff from youngster on Sunday.

Wayne Rooney: 8
    The England international continued his amazing goal rush at the Emirates, scoring off a Nani through pass in the first half. Rooney showed that he wanted the win more than Arsenal in this game, and could have had more goals if he could just finish a little better in this game. The striker now has 20 goals to his name in the league this season.

Ji-Sung Park: 7
    The South Korean midfielder was all-industry as usual, and was duly rewarded with a goal as he took on Clichy with the ball, getting past the Frenchman to slot the ball past a shell-shocked Alumina.

Subs:
    Dimitar Berbatov (on 89'): 5
    Didn't have the time to strut his stuff.

Ryan Giggs (on 71'): 6
    Didn't have to do much after coming on as United were leading at that point. Did well to slow down play and instill some calm into the side.

15. Man utd won,theyre in a good form,i hope theyre in this form when when we come at old traford ;)

16. chelsea vs arsenal this will be cool woooooo hooooooooo :D

17. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Nearing the end of the season Utd are top and look favourites to finish there.

18. chelsea will win this season both cl and pl :D.
    Post Merge: [time]1265565316[/time]
    yay 2-0 for chelsea ;D

19. Meramex

[Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal]

That's why I hate Arsene Wenger and his group of kids. You just can't count on them to help you out. Arsenal were simply swept aside. Forget about men against boys. It was like Grandfathers against toddlers.

20. dean89

dean89 Well-Known Member

Tell me about it, but Chelsea all the way! I wonder who has the guts to try and take them out. Good luck to them, but I wouldn't fancy being in their spikes.