1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Barclays Premier League Season 2009/2010

Discussion in 'Sports' started by meganova, Aug 4, 2009.

?

Which team will make a breakthrough to the top 4?

1. Tottenham!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nah, Manchester City of course!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It will be Aston Villa..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ... Liverpool still have their chance... I believe in them!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other teams will make a surprise!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

iamlegend, how's Liverpool doing? Winning the league are ye?

2. richard888

richard888 New Member

Liverpool should hire Mark Hughes XD

3. Man utd lost to fulham 3-0 oh the shame

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I never expected that Liverpool will do that badly this season.. OoO

5. gettajob0007

gettajob0007 Well-Known Member

hey at least we didn't draw to west ham and only because you got a penalty decision that wasn't right. The guy clearly got the ball.

6. Meramex

Meramex Well-Known Member

Aawwww..... Not Quite.

Do you guys wait for United to lose to write in. Well you should. It's not everyday United loses out. And again you guys are pretty bored of Liverpool losing all the time.
    Hmmm.... I guess today's the return of the eversohopeful Liverpool fans. Have you guys won anything yet????No :'(

7. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

I find it hilarious that you lot have to resort to talking about Liverpool. Does it hurt that much?
    We've already established that Liverpool's season has been terrible. No-one expects them to challenge for the title, so why do you insist on talking about them?

Lets talk about how United's season is crumbling.
    5 losses (not a far cry from Liverpools 7) and we're not even out of '09 yet.
    Lets talk about United's strength in depth and how they're not missing Ronaldo :-\
    They didn't just lose on Saturday, they were comprehensively beaten....outclassed.

8. gettajob0007

Peh, your one to talk, when it comes to class and depth all Liverpool have is Torres and Gerrard,

9. Meramex

Correction. All they have is Gerrard. I seriously doubt one such as Torres would stick around at a club that can't even stay in the Champions League. And I seriously doubt they have the confidence and skill needed to win even the Europa League. Time will tell. And as for United. They have the best Premier League record ever. 11 titles is it. Liverpool=0. Chelsea = 2, as far as I know. Blackburn=1????. I hope you get the point. I'm not sure of Arsenal.

And, I know the humiliation you must have to face when you go out of the house, so i promise not to say anything bad about Liverpool until January. I know how you must feel. When United lost to Barca at the finals I couldn't come of my house for almost a month. But what really got me was the nightmares. Messi's goal running through my head over a million times. The horror. The horror.

10. dmac154

iamlegend is not used to us trolling him about Liverpool. He tries his best to troll us ManU fans, but he cant take the heat.
    But on a serious note, manU needs some more players, plus we need all 7 of our injured defenders back. until then, once they come back, i believe we have a great chance against chelsea (im not even including liverpool, arsenal or whatever team)

11. yeah liverpool is definetly out,arsenal 2 they wont have van persie until may,this will be two horse race chelsea vs man utd.

did u just said that im a liverpool fan imfao

12. gettajob0007

why is your name barcelonacrash but your avatar chelsea?

13. Meramex

I think it has something to do with the Champions League semi-final last year.
    Post Merge: [time]1261640720[/time]
    I'm with you on that note. Manutd.com says their looking to sign Villa or Benzema, but what Untied truly need is some one to play left wing. Rooney and Berbatov are very good together upfront. And I know how good Giggs is, and when he plays left Wing, well you know what United is capable of, but he just doesn't have what it takes to play week after week. And Uniteds' mid-field is a bit stretched at the moment. When Ferdinand and Vidic are back defending United will be a much stronger team to deal with. Brown and Evans are also very capable. But United really need a Left Winger and Evra can't handle the wings himself. So, to finally end my review of United so far i would have to say that Ribery is everything they need and more.

And now something completely unrelated, some idiot said Mark Hughes should take the Liverpool job. Hughes!!! a formal United player take a Liverpool job. City, okay not United's biggest rivals. But join Liverpool, after having played he's best football at a club run by a man who's only motivation at his job is the complete and total humiliation of Liverpool and overthrowing their record of eighteen trophies.

14. gettajob0007

I don't think united should sign ribery, Bayern are asking for a bigger fee than what Real got Ronaldo for, COME ON! 80 million + on a player no one who doesnt follow football knows. I would pay 30 at best.

15. Meramex

Yeah I know. But other than Giggs, he's the best Left winger out their. Well bellamy's also good, but he plays for City.

16. dmac154

Well Meramex, we really need a creative midfielder. this midfielder should be able to dribble down on defenders, play off the strikers, play either wing and defend (somewhat). honestly, i think manu should go after david silva, even though valencia reported that he is eligible for a transfer (on the transfer list), i am quite sure no one will be moving because this a world cup season. (history proves that less transfers are made during a world cup season due to players wanting to stay fit and have playing time). also, its gonna be tough to get silva, because he basically made his career there.

in terms of ribery, well, he's in his late 20's, so paying 50 million pounds isnt a bad transfer fee for his services and skill. but why united didnt buy up the players in the previous transfer window is a mystery to me. also, when we sold ronaldo to real madrid, why in god's name didnt sir alex put a stipulation in the contract for real madrid that forbade them from buying, or even bidding for people like Kaka, or Benzema? worst case, they could have made a switch (with extra money of course) for example, ronaldo for Raul, or ronaldo for Higauin? (sp)

so yeah.
    /walloftext

17. Meramex

So close yet so far. Chelsea really got away with that one and no Drogba or Anelka for the next match. But if they lost the game they would have been in a real mess. Just to let you know. When United start the new year top of the table, 92% of the time they go on to win it. United just have to show Chelsea how to dispatch Birmingham correctly. And i don't mean a o-o draw.

18. gettajob0007

Errr, I am a United supporter but I don't think we will be on top for New years day as we are 5 points behind with one game playing tommorow morning (Australian time).

19. Meramex

I didn't say United would be on top ______ head. Read my post properly. I just said that once United hit the top they don't usually come crashing down, unlike some of the other teams. And for all those Chelsea fans out their. We rightfully showed you guys how to demolish Wigan the correct way, twice. But all you guys do is lose.

20. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

errrr... for the record, the top skorer in arsenal is fabregas, not rvp... even before rvp's injured... so i don't think arsenal is always depend in one striker only to make a goal... (unlike other teams...), and arsenal still have 1 games left, so if they win, they still can beat man utd and closing to chelsea...