1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Barclays Premier League Season 2009/2010

Discussion in 'Sports' started by meganova, Aug 4, 2009.

?

Which team will make a breakthrough to the top 4?

1. Tottenham!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nah, Manchester City of course!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It will be Aston Villa..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ... Liverpool still have their chance... I believe in them!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other teams will make a surprise!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Ronaldo transfer sure give lots of impact to manu.

2. GlidingGoose

GlidingGoose Well-Known Member

true that, its gonna excell them abit

3. meganova

They need dribbler,
    Nani always let the ball go.. :(

4. Meramex

Meramex Well-Known Member

That's just harsh. The dude's awesome. Portugal only have hopes of reaching SA thanks to him. He's still trying to recover from that injury he got in the community shield match against Chelsea. As for wingers, United do have Valencia. He's no where near "player of the year" quality that United lost, but he's doing pretty well. And he is fast. Since Ronaldo's departure, players like Giggs and Fletcher really showed how much they have got left in them. And united have no lack of strike force. Rooney can shrug off three defenders on his own. Berbatov has the best ball control in the world, and don't even get me started on his volleys. With van der saar in front of the post, and Rooney, the skillfull tank that has breached past so many enemy lines for the Red Army, i think you would agree with me that United are still a force to be reckoned with.
    Post Merge: [time]1257495640[/time]
    As for this week i'm confident that they will defeat Chelsea. And at the end of the season, i'm sure they will get number 19. Then i can rub it into all the Liverpool fans faces. We don't need to beat you guys to win the Title.

5. meganova

Even so, I'm delighted with Berbatov goal on their last match in BPL . ;D

6. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Nani is a useless player. Anybody in the know agrees. All style no substance.
    Fletcher is 25. I don't think anybody ever suggested he was past it.
    Van der Saar? The guy who stood up and watched CSKA's 1st goal on Wednesday fly in his near post??

United will be comprehensively beaten this weekend.
    The title race will be between Arsenal and Chelsea this season, the only two sides with strength in depth.

7. Meramex

We'll see. Arsenal are a bunch of sissys. It's always fun scoring goals until you concede. Come january and we can all watch them come crashing down to earth. Chelsea, ok good players, nice run of games. But none of them have good pace. It'll just take a few games going south and Ancelotti could be returning home faster than he expected. Yes united have their problems too, and as much as i don't want to, I admit Chelsea have the best chance of winning the league this season. And where all this is going, you wonder. To Liverpool of course. But i really don't need to tell you guys whats going on with them at the moment.Blame it on the americans. that's all you guys are capable of at the moment.

Post Merge: [time]1257586291[/time]
    But i will as soon as "he" replies to my post.

8. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

1) The goal against Van Der Sar was spectacular, there was no way ANY goal keeper (not even your coveted Reina or Casillas) could have stopped that from his position. It curled out of his reach, furthermore, any experienced goalkeeper would have made the decision not to jump as the angle is too tight, as well as the fact that there was a defender on him (the forward).

2) Arsenal? You're saying that United will lose out to Arsenal? I find your comments to be rude and disrespectful (as they normally are). Arsenal, who are the most inconsistent of the big four (closely followed by Liverpool), is somehow going to finally claim the BPL? Nah not this year (and they have depth lol stop trying to make me keel over laughing) It's the same squad they put out in EVERY game, with the exception of two or three changes. In regards to the game tomorrow, I am not going to speculate as to whom will be successful, but I am rooting for United, for Chelsea can chew on my 'nads.

9. Meramex

We may have lost but at least we have have honor. United were most definitely the better team. And as Andy Gray said, only a little bit of luck was the only thing that won chelsea the game. Liverpool are now trying to cheat the referee in order to get a point. Now that's just pathetic. I wouldn't think that even they could stoop that low.

10. iamlegend

What good is honour? It means squat at the end of the day.
    Signs aren't good when you have to talk about Liverpool rather than the failings in your own team.
    Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical for a United fan to be talking about cheating?
    P.S. If you put so much stock in Andy Grays opinion, then I'm sure you know what he thinks of Nani.

I don't get what you're saying here. Any goalkeeper would have made the decision not to save the ball?
    He didn't need to jump, just had to raise his hands.
    Curled out of his reach? Watch the goal again. There was very little curl and it was well within his reach.
    The goal wasn't spectacular, it was a desperate effort by a player who brought the ball get too wide of the goal.
    The only reason it went in was a lack of concentration by Van Der Saar

11. Meramex

Yeah NO Van Per Sie. Oh not a problem. Arsenal have so much depth they'll just use someone else. Oh wait there isn't anyone else. Ha hah haha a ahhaha. Well not anyone that's good.

12. iamlegend

Strange that there was no sign of you when United were showing their depth against Besiktas...

13. Meramex

That was a game that we didn't even have to play. We are already through, why waste energy on insolent opposition. I was just looking at the list of teams that made it to the round of 16 in the champions league and i couldn't find Liverpool anywhere. Perhaps you would like to comment on that one. Or perhaps you would like to comment on the fact that Macherano celebrates a stupid goal that wasn't even on target as if he's won the Player of the Year award. That just underlines Liverpool's level this year. And if you didn't know, United are in the Carling cup semi-finals and are favorites to retain their title. And they're second in the League 5 points away from chelsea. Where is Liverpool one would wonder. Well they're at 5th and for their sake i hope they do well in the Europa League. Thats the only tournament they can hope to win.

14. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

Make that 2 points now behind Chelsea, so if we play before them next week (and win) we'll be on top again.

15. Meramex

Yeah, the closer we get, more pressure on CHelsea. We just need to make sure we keep on winning and beat Chelsea on the return Leg at Old Trafford. Weird isn't it. I sense a significant lack of Liverpool fans. Hmm.......
    Post Merge: [time]1260089272[/time]
    United once again showed that its players can play in any position given the circumstances. Last night Carrick and Fletcher had to cover defense and UNited slipped to ten men in the dying seconds as Brown had to be taken off with a injury and United had already used all their substitutes. But West Ham still had what, 2 or 3 shots on target. Now that's depth and resilience. Another game without Torres and another disappointment for Liverpool. I think they slipped back in to sixth, am i right.

16. dont hope so much cause chelsea aint gonna make the same mistake twice ;)

17. abiyo

abiyo Well-Known Member

Manchester gonna win! he..he...losing Christiano Ronaldo is nothing! Wayne Rooney will fill in the blank!

18. Meramex

I'm not hoping, I know what Chelsea are capable of. And their not capable of that much. United lost but chelsea dropped points too. and if you saw the game, you would know we should have won by a few goals. Just one of those days where nothing goes right for you. But United have the chance to increase pressure on the top as they play during midweek. Hmm two losses and a draw. Things aren't looking good for Ancelotti. And with Mourinhio and Hiddink both available. who's to say Abrahamovich wont' take other options.

Now here's someone who actually knows what he's talking about.

19. abiyo

abiyo Well-Known Member

he..he..oho..did i say something wrong? well..maybe chelsea would not hold their fang off or doing the same mistake again..it's just everyone knows manchester will go berserk on the last minutes like when they stomp AS Roma 7-0..besides,almost all the manchester goals are between the end of first quater and second half..manchester also have penalty advantage(almost all the game they play, penalty sure help them a lot) don't you think this factors would bring chelsea down?

20. iamlegend

Do I hear crickets?
    Has the wool been pulled from your eyes yet?