1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Banned PSN player sues Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo

Discussion in 'General News' started by Reider, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

hey, cheer up.
    at least you'll get to see a guy in court wearing a purple suit.

2. tbb033

tbb033 Member

Sounds utterly ridiculous, but so does a stupid lady who spilled coffee on her own damn lap suing McD's, and she won. So does OJ being found not-guilty, but he was. Basically, some lawyers will take any case, no matter how baseless, just hoping for a stupid and/or activist judge and/or jury.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

This is commonly used as a "ridiculous lawsuit" case, but the woman was severely burned and the McDonalds Restaurant it happened at was at fault for having the temperature of its coffee well beyond the food industry safety standards.

4. smashbrosmk

smashbrosmk Well-Known Member

It's just not this dude's lucky day. First he gets banned ,then he suesthree companies that might have a million lawyers?! That's outrageous!!

5. Reider

Reider Modereider

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/25/activision-blizzard-sued-by-yeah-its-the-psn-guy/

He must have a lot of time on his hands. =/

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

and a lot of money.

7. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

someone needs to get his address so they can fedex a bullet to his temple because this is ridiculous...

8. Syrex

Syrex Member

There really isn't anything I can say here except for WOW....

People look for any excuse to try and get money now adays.

9. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

Wow, yet another example of an over-sensitive arsehole that wants to sew somebody or corperation over some bull shayt and get a quick buck, while ruining it for others in the process. Welcome to the future of people, MORONS!! People like this should be short by a world top-secret organization stationed at the Earth's core. THE CORE CROPS!

Honestly, I would have all three companies sent this arsehole a personal e-mail and letter from the president of the companies and tell him to paw-off himself and burn in a fire.

-=Insert Paragraph of hate here=-

>(

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I may hate the big corperations and all, but this guy...what a fool...

From my experience in fast food, that is just as stupid.

Coffee is meant to be hot, I would be careful and EXPECT to be burnt.

If someone complained their twister was "cold" (kfc-wrap) we laugh at them-it's the lettace and tomato that does it-warm that sucker up and you get slop...

I had no idea there was a limit on heat...if it was to do with bacteria I would understand-but a fresh coffeeburning you is better than cold coffee-that is a case I would sue over...

I could have got salmonela from that :(

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Well, the point is the woman suffered third degree burns to her genitals and legs because the McDonald's restaurant decided it didn't want to be safe.

Some facts:

McDonald’s served the coffee at approximately 190 degrees. McDonald’s admitted coffee at that temperature is “unfit for human consumption”; 190 degree liquid causes third-degree burns within 2 to 7 seconds of contact with skin.

The woman offered to settle the case with McDonald’s if they would just pay her medical bills, which were into the many thousands of dollars. McDonalds refused, and Stella filed a lawsuit. During the trial, it was discovered that in the ten years prior to Stella’s accident, over 700 men, women, and children had been burned by the unsafe McDonald’s coffee.

The day after the verdict, McDonald’s lowered the coffee temperature to a safe-but-hot 158 degrees. This is still hot enough to cause third-degree burns, but it takes closer to sixty seconds worth of exposure to do so.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm...mc donalds thought the way I would have-it's something you expect by human nature to do something accidental-but not get blammed for clumsyness.

But to burn you after 2 seconds...that's too short a time to do how I test my drinks-and let me tell ya I have a blacked mouth from the times I drank hot liquids!

Fair enough I guess.

13. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

wow... hell piss himself off once he realizes what hes done. oh well, its an idiot whos real sensitive... dont care about it much
    Post Merge: [time]1259674312[/time]
    meh, he might have to sell his life if he loses the money. Because life is PRICELESS :D

14. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Haha this guy is hilarious. Maybe I should sue a big company for something...

15. Altarius95

Altarius95 Well-Known Member

My favourite part of the news story was the Picard-facepalm pic. Classic.

16. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

this guy is pathetic
    [​IMG]

17. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

Yeah... What he said...
    He must be too much of a hardcore gamer...
    Epic Failure for him...

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hard core nothing, he's doing it for quick easy money, the moron.

19. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOB
    But seriously.
    This guy is a dickwad.

20. TAYLOR2O

TAYLOR2O Well-Known Member

Oh yer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.